[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

Sansa View Firmware | Instructions | Release Notes

Latest: 01.03.02 (As of June 30, 2008)

Mac and Linux users can connect their View in MSC mode and follow the instructions below.

MSC mode instructions below:

1. Turn on the View
  2. Put the device in Hold (move Hold button until orange is showing)
  3. Press and hold the Left Button
  4. Plug the 30 pin connector into the device (be sure the USB is plugged into the computer)
  5. Wait for View drive(s) to mount
  6. Follow instructions above and drag files to the View drive

::: Firmware :::

The 01.03.02 firmware is the latest release as of June 30, 2008 for the Sansa View. Firmware and release notes are available below.

WARNING: If you have an “F” firmware version on your device, you won’t be able to update to an “A”. But an “A” to an “F” version will work.

For (A) AMERICAS - Download ZIP file

For (F) EUROPE w/ FM - Download ZIP file

1. Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
  2. Once extracted, drag all files to the root directory of your Sansa View.
  3. Disconnect the Sansa View and let it restart. (see notes below)
  4. The firmware update will now begin.
  5. Once it’s finish with the update, it will boot back up. Go to the main menu, then select Settings / Options > System Settings , and verify the “Version” is now 01.03.02.

Notes:

• Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will restart. If the restart does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 8 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.
  • The Preloaded video from the 01.01.06 version on the View will no longer playback with this version of the firmware. The video playback specifications for the View has not changed

::: 01.03.02 Release Notes :::

Fixes:

• Pressing “Now Playing” after a Rhapsody Channel update will cause the View to hang up and must be restarted  
  • Audiobook:  Audible bookmarks are not recognized by Audible Manager  
  • Inconsistent battery life for music playback                        
  • When a music file’s ID3 tag has no track number and title, player can not sort by file name                        
  • No pause before scrolling text in select box and music playback window                      
  • Power saver option does not turn off the player  

Enhancements:                       

• Added Auto Detect and MSC USB modes                        
  • Removed skipping of video to the previous/next                       
  • When the backlight is off, the keys are still responsive: right/left/scroll up/scroll down/menu/option keys                       
  • Added individual book marking for each video                        
  • Improved WMV rewind and fast forward performance

I was looking all over for the release notes. Thanks for posting this!

I see now tiy officially acknowlege MSC mode … any chance of supporting a playlist option in MSC mode as well? m3u, etc.

Regards,

Scott.

Thanks for the update.  Now when are you going to fix the FM Radio reception problems?

When I saw the following in the release notes:

Inconsistent battery life for music playback

I thought you had fixed the bad battery life issue which was introduced with the 1.02.09 firmware (10-12 hours max with music).  But the battery life is just as bad with 1.03.02.  It did fix the lockups when using random playback though.  Can the battery life be fixed to be as good as it was with 1.01.06.  I got 20+ hours with that one.

And yet, still no shuffle fix.

Hi…I just wanted to ask where do you find the links to download directly the firmware? I tried to browse http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/ but it seems it’s not possible.

Is there a way to look for updates without using the sansa updater?

Thanks

@fredericks wrote:

Hi…I just wanted to ask where do you find the links to download directly the firmware? I tried to browse http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/ but it seems it’s not possible.

Is there a way to look for updates without using the sansa updater?

Thanks

mmmm… you seem honest: Just read this thread, you will find links at the very first post.

yeah…ok…sorry…I didn’t express myself very well…I found and downlaoded the link for the sansa view…I just wondered where I could find the same links for my old c250…

Thanks again

c200 Page

Be sure to check what c200 version you have by checking the back bottom right side of your device before loading firmware.

thank you for the information…But it seems I have the latest version of firmware…so it’s ok…it’s a pity that I have version 1…so no micro sdhc…

Thanks again

What’s the verdict on this one?  I’m still running 01.01.06, and it works marginally okay - although it locks up during some videos.

Is it worth upgrading to 01.03.02?  The only complaint I see in this thread is that the battery life during playback isn’t as good.

Thanks

well there’s that and the rewind works whenever it wants to. But I suppose that’s better than it not working at all which was the case before. It’s an mp3/media player, the rewind should work period. come on sansa get it together. 

So is the newer firmware worth the effort? My new unit has the .1.01.06 version right now

I just bought a Sansa View and am new to MP3 players.  I have a stupid question:  what the heck is firmware?  How can I tell if I need to download it or if my View is already up to date?  Thanks.

Firmware is the software the runs when you turn on your MP3. (Menus, Playlist, etc).

You sansa will have a disk that should load the tray app (sansaupdater.exe) that will check your current version w/ the available version and update is you wish. If the tray updater does not load on boot, you can load it as follows:

“C:\Program Files\SanDisk\Sansa Updater\sansaupdater.exe” -iloveit

Regards,

Scott.

Suggestions for next version of firmware.

I am very content with my Sansa View. I only have difficulties finding the music on my Sansa View. It took quite some time to arange my music database in such a way that I can find my tracks on my view, mainly because of different handling between the sansa view and Windows media player.

A suggestion is to add an additional search in the music list: on “album-artist” similar to windows media player (for example to find al the albums with “various artists”).

- It would also help if the MP3 tags could be read back on the screen

- It would be helpfull if scrolling all the artist or tracks could go faster, by first going through the alfabet. My View can handle 4000 music numbers, but I can not scroll all through this number of files for a music track / artist starting with the letter “z”.

- there is also a difference between Sansa View and Windows media player, because WMP leaves out the “the” of an album title.

Similar handling in both WMP and Sansa View, I would consider a great improvement.

I’d like to see the ability to create/use subfolders in the video section. That way I could do my dvd’s as multiple files and store then sepratly in their own folders instead of all movies lumped into one spot. I realize I could just make one larger combined file but you have a higher risk of the audio getting out of sync the bigger the file in my experience.

I’m having a problem of converting my audio books CD’s to my player.  I’m so confused as I’ve tried everything and it does not recognize any of the files on CD

As I understand it the View is only compatible(will recognize them as audiobooks) with audiobooks that have the .aa file extension. 

These are only available for purchase from audible.com

I suppose you could transfer your cd’s to your pc and convert the files to .mp3.  The problem is you won’t have any audiobook functionality at all.  The device will treat them like anyother mp3 music file.