[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

I have noticed that there has not been a firmware update for quite some time now (over a year ?) and people are still having issues with the view.

the only issue i have, which isn’t really an issue, more of a request for the next update (if there is going to be one) is this:

i have a neo jukebox (product no longer manufactured and company out of buisness) installed in one of my vehicles and it has a great feature for driving, once you scroll to the artist->album and start playing, it will continue to play all music in listing order. this is a great feature while driving as you are not constantly distracted by choosing the album or artist to listen to, also works great in the garage while working, don’t have to constantly touch the player while your hands are all greasy.

i know that view as a play all feature, but it won’t let you skip ahead to a particular artist->album

would it be possible to incorporate this feature in the next firmware update ?

thanks 

SuperDave… if you’re waiting for that update I’d start shopping around for another MP3 player.   This thing is almost unusable and they won’t even address those issues, no way their going to work on/update a ‘feature’ in my opinion. 

We should turn this into a “Which MP3 player are you ditching your View for” thread. 

(We’re probably now due for a Yelped retort about how it’s not Sandisk’s fault…)

Ain’t that the truth! :smileyvery-happy:

@yelped wrote:
Please, stop doing this. It won’t help you or SanDisk. And SanDisk does not deserve this since it is a situation out of their control. If you want there is a certain other company who deserves every product they have to sit on the store shelves who is responsible for this.

What a funny reply.

Please answer this question: who’s responsibility is this? Mine as customer?

Frankly, I bought a Sandisc player. From a Sandisc retailer. I don’t care who programs the firmware- as long as it’s working. And if it’s not working, it’s Sandisc’s fault.

It’s OK for me if they buy firmware and other stuff from another company- but if they actually make buissness contracts which don’t include warranties and software support, they are- forgive me the wording- not acting like an professional IT buissness but like a garage shop run by a 12 year old.

So, maybe the firmware bugs are not their fault in a “technical doing” view of thing- but they are still responsible for it. If they don’t manage to build a new firmware, the customers *at least* should be noted on that.

The way it is now, with the customers being left in the dark, is just one thing: the plain proof for me that one should *NEVER* buy *ANYTHING* from sansa again, because they don’t care about their products once you bought them and show no professional responsibility.

And to come back to your post:  If they act that way yes, they *deserve* this.

Message Edited by Jazzer on 09-10-2009 01:44 AM

Very well put Jazzer, I for one will never give SanDisk another of my hard earned dollars on any product and encourage others to do the same. 

@bloodninja wrote:
…I for one will never give SanDisk another of my hard earned dollars on any product and encourage others to do the same. 

Not even for the new Clip+? I can’t wait to get an 8GB Clip+. All I’ll need do is move my 8GB card from my Fuze and be able to listen to all 15GB of FLAC music on it…once I load all of the internal mem with half of that amount. :slight_smile:
Message Edited by MartyLK on 09-11-2009 10:44 AM

Marty, surely you jest?   On principle alone I’d never buy another Sansa/Sandisk product after the complete and utter failure the View has been for me. Good luck with the Clip if you feel like giving some more money to these jokers. 

What we need is a companion site to anythingbutipod.com, anythingbutSANSA.com.   

edit

Went and added a comment on anythingbutipod’s review of the View, looks like it’s well documented piece of junk but one more word of caution can’t hurt.

www.anythingbutipod.com

Message Edited by BloodNinja on 09-11-2009 01:36 PM

Honestly, my 16GB View was my 5th Sansa and first problem one.  My daughters have been happily enjoying their E-series players for a while.  I’m getting ready to bump them up to something newer and bigger, but they’ve enjoyed them without issue for a couple years plus.

I’m sure that has much to do with my disappointment in the View and its support.  I’m now keeping my music on my LG mobile phone.  The irony?  It’s all on a Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC card that I trust wholeheartedly.

Kirk, you lucked out SanDisk didn’t decide to load their MicroSDHC cards up with some broken firmware.    :dizzy_face:   I’d consider that a victory.

I’m sure they have some decent products somewhere in their lineup… well no I’m not really sure of that, but odds are something they make isn’t complete ■■■■.  

@bloodninja wrote:

Marty, surely you jest?   On principle alone I’d never buy another Sansa/Sandisk product after the complete and utter failure the View has been for me. Good luck with the Clip if you feel like giving some more money to these jokers. 

What we need is a companion site to anythingbutipod.com, anythingbutSANSA.com.   

edit

Went and added a comment on anythingbutipod’s review of the View, looks like it’s well documented piece of junk but one more word of caution can’t hurt.

www.anythingbutipod.com

Message Edited by BloodNinja on 09-11-2009 01:36 PM

Now now, the view’s problems depend on what you use it for. if you hate the view try out the fuze. read all about it. it’s even got rockbox!

Oh yeah, you mean like using it to listen to music while in shuffle mode without it locking up?  Guess that is too much to ask.   Wish they had put a disclaimer that some of the View features were sketchy at best before I bought two of them.  

Nice plug for the Fuze btw, but I wouldn’t take one if they were giving them away.   

----------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by BloodNinja on 09-12-2009 10:11 AM

Oh well some people like stuff some people don’t.:stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the confirming disappointment :smiley: i have been realively happy with my 16 gb view, but, my music library is probably close to 30 gb now, and i hate having half my library stored on the player and the rest on a flash chip, so was looking to upgrade to the 32 gb view, but seeing the lack of support from sandisk, forget that now.

i am seriously looking at the cowon O2, it isn’t as vehicle friendly in terms of navigation as the view, and a little bigger, but at least cowon supports their products with regular updates and from all of the reviews i have read, their sound quality is second to none, and a big bonus for me, which some really hate, is the file/browse navigation as opposed to id3 tag info, the very first mp3 player i had, a neo jukebox, worked this way and so all of music has been arranged for this method of navigation, which i realize isn’t for everone and that this post isn’t really firmware topic related, but thought i would take you up on your suggestion of a topic change to  “Which MP3 player are you ditching your View for”  lol

i will of course not ditch my view until it ceases to function (heck i still have and use my aforementioned neo), but it will definitely not be my main mp3 player anymore.

SuperDave I was also looking at the Cowon 02, if you get it be sure and let us know how you like it.  There are quite a few out there that are appealing, the hard part is not exceeding the price I want to pay for a mp3/pmp player. 

Here is a very in depth review of the Cowon 02, it’s has a few dings though, firmware being one of them. 

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/01/cowon-o2-review.php

Check out this review of the Zune HD, it looks promising.

http://gizmodo.com/5360126/zune-hd-review-the-pmp-evolved

thanks for the link, i have been there and done quite some exhaustive review of mp3 players over the last couple of weeks, one thing i have noticed about all the O2 info i can find is that the reviews are all 6 mo’s or older and there have been several firmware updates since then, with a history of fixes that seem to coincide with most of the review complaints (imagine that a company that actually listens to its customer base and does something to fix the product ) and this seems to be status quo for cowon, they may not get it right out of the gate, but they do stand behind thier products and customers instead of dumping them on there rearends and just moving on to the next raping.

i haven’t pulled the trigger on the O2 yet, but probably will make a decision within a couple of weeks, i am being very selective this time around :) 

oh wanted to add one more gripe, logged into the site only to be confronted with a complete web site update at sansa, so i see they have lots of time/resources to do web page programing, but can’t fix a few minor problems with a product they still currently sell ? and yes i realize that web page programing is different from firmware/hardware style programing and involves a different set of programers, but they obviously have the resources/funding to have a team of web developers to re-write something as non-important as the look and feel of their website, which also by the way really irritates me, as i find most of these re-writes are not an improvment, just merely a change for the sake of change and then you have to re figure out how to navigate where you want to go all over again.

Hey, another frustrated View user here. I was hoping that someone could help me with a problem I’m having.

I’ve tried to format my sansa View in various ways (through the actual player itself, through WMP in auto-detect mode and msc mode, and through the computer but by doing a  ‘quick-format’) but it never seems to do it properly becuase I either get messages that it couldn’t be completed or the player freezes or resets, and when it reloads I can find, through the computer, files that haven’t been deleted.

Recently I tried to format the player in msc mode but not a ‘quick-format’, but at the very end I got a message to the effect of “The format could not be completed.” I unplugged the View, and it stayed on the menu screen for a few seconds, but then reset itself. It then froze on the start-up screen. Now, everytime I reset it/turn it on, it stays on that screen for about 5 econds, then resets itself, and won’t turn on.

I’ve decided to reload the formware, and this is where I have one question: I’m able to put the View into recovery mode, and I know to copy the firmware files to the device this way, but are the firmware files I need here the ones provided by the link “For (F) EUROPE w/ FM - Download ZIP file” 

ie,

bitmap.dat ,

bootLoader.rom ,

firmware.mi4 ,

Font.fnt ,

mediaproc.mi4 , and

sysconfig.xml

It might sound like a silly question but I just don’t want to stuff it up any further, also it seems that my ebox can’t be accessed right now so I can’t get customer support for it, not that it’s been much help in the past. Thanks.