ImageMate 12 in 1 Won't read Ultra II SDHC 4GB and now can't read any SD card

I bought a new Canon SD1100 camera from Circuit City and it came with a Ultra II SDHC 4GB card. I tried to read it with my ImageMate 12-in-1 (made by SanDisk funny enough) and it locked up, timed out, wanted to format etc. I finally just down loaded pix via the USB/camera/camera software route. However, not the SD port on the reader won't read ANY SD card (Ultra II 1 GB, or SD 32MB etc.).

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 running XP w/ SP2 (won't let it put 3 on).

Besides how do I get this thing to read the old SD's, what reader do I buy that will not be obsolete next year? I'm a bit pissed that not only does the SanDisk reader not read the SanDisk card, but there was NO notification/indication that it would not, no warning or new driver update provided etc. Is this very smart?

I tried to find something out about this conflict on the SanDisk site, but it wasn't till I found this forum that I found any indication of any problem. SanDisk should be a bit more responsible and post clear navigation to the potential conflicts and solutions.

Re: ImageMate 12 in 1 Won't read Ultra II SDHC 4GB and now can't read any SD card

See if you have one of the models that can be updated to read SDHC, and if so, load the new firmware on it.

Click here for the firmware page.

Re: ImageMate 12 in 1 Won't read Ultra II SDHC 4GB and now can't read any SD card

Doesn't look like it, it's a SDDR-89 V3, 20-90-03029 and that link says the firmware upload would not support SDHC.

I should probably try that firmware upload to get the SD reader working again shouldn't I?

Thanks for quick response!