Administrator

New Forum Feedback Thread

[ Edited ]

As we are continuously striving to create a better user experience we would like to ask everyone for their feedback on our new forum. We still have a little work to do but we are launching now to prevent further downtime. Some small things may be changing over the next few weeks but I would like to invite you to tell us what you like or don't like about our new forums. While not all suggestions can be implemented we do read all suggestions so please let us know what you think. Your suggestions are very much appreciated.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

SanDisk Guru

Re: New Forum Feedback Thread

The new solutions section at the bottom of each board is a nice addition.  Nice job so far Sandisk!

SanDisk Guru

I don't like "stickies" showing up in two places.  Didn't like it before either and was hoping it would change with the upgrade.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files
SanDisk Guru

It appears that there is a relatively short thread subject heading length limit (which doesn't actually show until you publish the thread, and then a longer subject heading gets cut off). 

I'd either lengthen that limit (long and descriptive subject headings are a very good thing), or at least show the limit when you're originally composing the thread.

SanDisk Fanatic

Hate the new layout. I'm not someone who dislikes change, but man is this format annoying to browse through.

SanDisk Guru

The light grey text, such as what is used for the date and time of the post is very hard to read. How about using something darker?

SanDisk Guru

Black on white also can be punishing on the eyes, on a computer.  A light but not white background would be easier on the eyes, along with a bolder normal type font.

SanDisk Guru

Miikerman wrote:

Black on white also can be punishing on the eyes, on a computer.  A light but not white background would be easier on the eyes, along with a bolder normal type font.

I say reverse it....white text on a black background.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

d_headshot wrote:

Hate the new layout. I'm not someone who dislikes change, but man is this format annoying to browse through.

Give it a day or two....it's not as bad as I initially thought it was. They just need to make it not so blindingly bright!Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Give it a day or two....it's not as bad as I initially thought it was. They just need to make it not so blindingly bright!Smiley Wink

Yes, it does tend to shine like a lighthouse on a stormy Winter's night ...