How about a Fuze+?

The Clip+ is nice. I might buy one.

How about a Fuze+, with a built in clip, a full sized SDXC card slot,  longer battery life than the Fuze, and a mini USB connector? I wouldn’t mind if the player needs to be a bit larger than the Fuze, or if the display needs to be made a bit smaller to accomplish this. When I use my Clip, I miss the scroll wheel on my Fuze and the longer battery life of the Fuze. When I use my Fuze, I miss the built in clip of the Clip.

Many people want a player with a card slot that has much more than 24 GB of storage. While some might want a touch screen player that has a full SDXC capability, great video, and at least a 3.5" screen, others want the full sized SDXC card capability, but also very long battery life(perhaps 40 hours+?), a not so large screen(2" is nice), and don’t care about video.

I guess I may never see my desire fulfilled for a player with an easily swappable battery(that is cheap and easy to find) , a full sized SDXC card slot,  and a wall charger to charge a battery outside the player. Ideally I would never have to connect the player to a pc. Perhaps the player could be a Slotmusic player and omit the USB connection and built in memory(besides a small amount for player settings and firmware). It could be firmware upgradeable just by inserting a card in the player that has the new firmware in the card’s root directory. It could navigate by folders, and omit the use of tags. Being able to swap cards without any delays would be cool.While having an easily swappable battery would add to the size, wouldn’t leaving out the charging circuitry and leaving out the USB circuitry and USB connector help the player be smaller and lighter?

Message Edited by JK98 on 08-30-2009 12:44 PM

Whoa what about all the people who want video? just because you don’t need the video does’nt mean others don’t need it. although the fuze plus would be great if there were two versions one with 2.4 inch screen and one with a smaller screen people would get what they want.

“Whoa what about all the people who want video? just because you don’t need the video does’nt mean others don’t need it.”

i like the idea of video players with a 3" or larger screen that handles video elegantly without any conversion. I don’t like the idea of low resolution low framerate video that needs to be converted to be playable on a player with a screen under 2".

i’m good with a fuze that has a 2.4 inch screen or higher. or if you want mere audio theres always the clip family.

What is the whole full SDXC card stick with micro SD its small an convenient

@delonh24 wrote:
What is the whole full SDXC card stick with micro SD its small an convenient

There are a couple of reasons to want full-size SD cards over microSD cards. One, they’re available in higher capacities. And two, they’re not as easy to lose. (see, the small physical size of microSD cards is also a dis advantage sometimes…)

Micro SDHC only goes up to 16 GB. There will probably eventually be 32 GB micro SDHC cards. There are already 32 GB SDHC cards, and SDXC cards will start at 64 GB. Some people want more storage, and a 16 GB card isn’t enough.

Or the name Fuze+ could be used for a player similar to the Fuze but with HD radio. I hope that when Sandisk incorporated HD radio into their players, they will have both AM and FM HD.

@jk98 wrote:
Or the name Fuze+ could be used for a player similar to the Fuze but with HD radio. I hope that when Sandisk incorporated HD radio into their players, they will have both AM and FM HD.

I hear lots of complaints about HD having only half the coverage area of regular FM.  Add in the variable signal strength from the earphone based antenna.  As it is I force mono on what should be strong stations to keep the noise down.

how about the sansa tap?

Looks like your wish will come true soon!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/18/sansa-fuze-leaks-out-with-slotradio-support-24-hours-of-batter/

I just hope this is more than just a Sansa Fuze with a touchscreen and slotRadio support.

As I’ve mentioned before, it should support 24 bit/96KHZ Flac, since this has become the de facto standard in the ripping community. Also, supporting the SDXC cards would be huge too.

@databass wrote:

Looks like your wish will come true soon!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/18/sansa-fuze-leaks-out-with-slotradio-support-24-hours-of-batter/

I just hope this is more than just a Sansa Fuze with a touchscreen and slotRadio support.

As I’ve mentioned before, it should support 24 bit/96KHZ Flac, since this has become the de facto standard in the ripping community. Also, supporting the SDXC cards would be huge too.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=495552&postcount=141

“Looks like your wish will come true soon!”

Huh??? it isn’t powered by a AA battery. It doesn’t have 40+ hours of battery life. It doesn’t have a full sized SDXC card slot. From what I have seen so far, the only thing on my wish list that it does have is that they got rid of the proprietary connector(and even this they did by using a micro usb connector rather than the much more common and much more desirable mini usb connector). The player also seems to use a touchpad. Touchpad players are generally disliked as they are hard to use on the go, and very hard to control while a player is in a pocket. Some people like touchscreen players though, especially if there are some tactile buttons as well for the basic functions. A touchscreen can add many extra functions. Touchpads really don’t have any advantages over tactile buttons, only disadvantages.

http://www.sandisk.com/microsites/sansafuzeplus/index.html

JK, I think it’s time to accept that Sandisk will likely NEVER give you some of the features you want.

@gwk1967 wrote:

JK, I think it’s time to accept that Sandisk will likely NEVER give you some of the features you want.

I already posted the solution for him for at least some of those features, Rockbox…but he’s afraid he might brick one of his Sansas. Although from what I’ve seen, you’d have to be pretty inept to do such a thing.:wink:

True, Rockbox would meet some of his expectations, but I was thinking about his hardware wishlist. Most significantly, AA/AAA battery power (and accompanying battery life) and full-sized SD support. Two things that ALWAYS seem to be at the top of his frequent requests.

I downloaded the Rockbox manual for the Clip. I read through it. I don’t like how the screen looks with Rockbox.There is too much on the screen, and it seems like it would be very hard to read. It also seems like the variable speed playback has a manual pitch adjustment., and that it doesn’t automatically change with play speed. It would be very annoying to have to adjust the pitch separately every time the play speed is changed.

“True, Rockbox would meet some of his expectations, but I was thinking about his hardware wishlist. Most significantly, AA/AAA battery power (and accompanying battery life) and full-sized SD support. Two things that ALWAYS seem to be at the top of his frequent requests”

It isn’t just full sized card support, I want support for full sized SDXC cards. they are expensive now, but in a year or so they might be cheap enough.

@jk98 wrote:

I downloaded the Rockbox manual for the Clip. I read through it. I don’t like how the screen looks with Rockbox.There is too much on the screen, and it seems like it would be very hard to read. 

This can be easily changed with one of the many ‘themes’ that people have written. I know of hardly anyone who uses the default RB theme. There’s so many more cool ones out there, very simple & basic to very complex & jam-packed with info. It’s your choice. You can even write one yourself and have it just the way you want.

@jk98 wrote:

It isn’t just full sized card support, I want support for full sized SDXC cards. they are expensive now, but in a year or so they might be cheap enough.

In a year or so, we might see more devices that use the SDXC format.

08-31-2010 03:20 PM

@jk98 wrote:

I downloaded the Rockbox manual for the Clip. I read through it. I don’t like how the screen looks with Rockbox.There is too much on the screen, and it seems like it would be very hard to read. 

This can be easily changed with one of the many ‘themes’ that people have written. I know of hardly anyone who uses the default RB theme. There’s so many more cool ones out there, very simple & basic to very complex & jam-packed with info. It’s your choice. You can even write one yourself and have it just the way you want.

@jk98 wrote:

In a year or so, we might see more devices that use the SDXC format.