Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk User
databass

Re: How about a Fuze+?

Looks like your wish will come true soon!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/18/sansa-fuze-leaks-out-with-slotradio-support-24-hours-of-batter/

I just hope this is more than just a Sansa Fuze with a touchscreen and slotRadio support.

As I've mentioned before, it should support 24 bit/96KHZ Flac, since this has become the de facto standard in the ripping community. Also, supporting the SDXC cards would be huge too.

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

databass wrote:

Looks like your wish will come true soon!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/18/sansa-fuze-leaks-out-with-slotradio-support-24-hours-of-batter/

I just hope this is more than just a Sansa Fuze with a touchscreen and slotRadio support.

As I've mentioned before, it should support 24 bit/96KHZ Flac, since this has become the de facto standard in the ripping community. Also, supporting the SDXC cards would be huge too.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=495552&postcount=141

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
JK98

"Looks like your wish will come true soon!"

Huh???? it isn't powered by a AA battery. It doesn't have 40+ hours of battery life. It doesn't have a full sized SDXC card slot. From what I have seen so far, the only thing on my wish list that it does have is that they got rid of the proprietary connector(and even this they did by using a micro usb connector rather than the much more common and much more desirable mini usb connector). The player also seems to use a touchpad. Touchpad players are generally disliked as they are hard to use on the go, and very hard to control while a player is in a pocket. Some people like touchscreen players though, especially if there are some tactile buttons as well for the basic functions. A touchscreen can add many extra functions. Touchpads really don't have any advantages over tactile buttons, only disadvantages.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

JK, I think it's time to accept that Sandisk will likely NEVER give you some of the features you want.

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

gwk1967 wrote:

JK, I think it's time to accept that Sandisk will likely NEVER give you some of the features you want.

I already posted the solution for him for at least some of those features, Rockbox.....but he's afraid he might brick one of his Sansas. Although from what I've seen, you'd have to be pretty inept to do such a thing.:smileywink:

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

True, Rockbox would meet some of his expectations, but I was thinking about his hardware wishlist. Most significantly, AA/AAA battery power (and accompanying battery life) and full-sized SD support. Two things that ALWAYS seem to be at the top of his frequent requests.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

I downloaded the Rockbox manual for the Clip. I read through it. I don't like how the screen looks with Rockbox.There is too much on the screen, and it seems like it would be very hard to read. It also seems like the variable speed playback has a manual pitch adjustment., and that it doesn't automatically change with play speed. It would be very annoying to have to adjust the pitch separately every time the play speed is changed.

"True, Rockbox would meet some of his expectations, but I was thinking about his hardware wishlist. Most significantly, AA/AAA battery power (and accompanying battery life) and full-sized SD support. Two things that ALWAYS seem to be at the top of his frequent requests"

It isn't just full sized card support, I want support for full sized SDXC cards. they are expensive now, but in a year or so they might be cheap enough.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

JK98 wrote:

I downloaded the Rockbox manual for the Clip. I read through it. I don't like how the screen looks with Rockbox.There is too much on the screen, and it seems like it would be very hard to read. 

This can be easily changed with one of the many 'themes' that people have written. I know of hardly anyone who uses the default RB theme. There's so many more cool ones out there, very simple & basic to very complex & jam-packed with info. It's your choice. You can even write one yourself and have it just the way you want.

JK98 wrote:

It isn't just full sized card support, I want support for full sized SDXC cards. they are expensive now, but in a year or so they might be cheap enough.

In a year or so, we might see more devices that use the SDXC format.
SanDisk Guru
JK98

"In a year or so, we might see more devices that use the SDXC format." They might wait for micro SDXC cards, then have players with a micro SDXC card slot. If I buy a player now, they won't give me a free trade in a year or so from now when I want to use an SDXC card(and not a very expensive micro SDXC card).