SanDisk Guru

Re: How about a Clip+ LP version(long play)?

Rockbox helps.Smiley Tongue

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

JK98 wrote:
No further comments?

What's that quote . . . "Discretion is the better part of valor?"

You must be bored; dredging up an almost year-old thread of yours further propegating your

sermon.

SanDisk Guru

This Clip+ with around 150-200 hours of battery life amuses me. This is a bit extreme though.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64327

SanDisk Guru

I'd prefer to see a clip-on extended play battery pack that could be clipped onto the Clip's back (and make the Clip's clip removable, so that it could be put onto the extended play battery pack when it's attached). I'd buy one. Smiley Wink
SanDisk Guru

In typical use (rather than simply letting the device play continuously in shuffle mode), I usually top off the device daily or every other day.

Playing podcasts, audio books, and protected media, the device is busy, plus the display is often active.  I usually find that the device has dropped to 30-40% on many days.

In short, a higher battery capacity would be a great addition.  I like the idea of a "piggyback" accessory battery as well.  Holey moley, that pair of batteries globbed on the back is ugly, but it does illustrate that if some are that determined t give the Clip more capacity, there is a market for the idea.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk Guru

Still no version of the Clip+ or Clip Zip with longer battery life. All I want is 30 hours of battery life. It wouldn't require making the player that much thicker. At 30 hours it would match the battery life of the fruit company's lowest priced player with a screen. So many turn down the Clip+ and Clip Zip because they want longer battery life. I love the Clip+ and Clip Zip(both Rockboxed) except for the battery life.

SanDisk Guru

JK98 wrote:

Still no version of the Clip+ or Clip Zip with longer battery life. All I want is 30 hours of battery life. It wouldn't require making the player that much thicker. At 30 hours it would match the battery life of the fruit company's lowest priced player with a screen. So many turn down the Clip+ and Clip Zip because they want longer battery life. I love the Clip+ and Clip Zip(both Rockboxed) except for the battery life.

Resurrecting a thread from the archives . . . .   Smiley Wink

SanDisk Guru

SanDisk Guru

JK98 wrote:

How about one with (claimed) 25 hours battery life?  Perhaps someone at SanDisk actually is listening to you.   Smiley Wink

See:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?p=643615&posted=1#post643615

SanDisk Guru

The Clip Sport is imo a disappointment. they should have just stuck with everything in the Clip Zip but added a larger capacity battery and a larger screen for the slightly larger form factor player.

I would love to see player the shape of the original Fuze but slightly thicker with 50+ hours of battery life, the same processor and circuitry as the Fuze, except for controls like on the Clip Zip, and a standard micro usb connector. Hopefully this would be priced at $99(or less?) for an 8GB version. It would be even better if it could have two card slots. Adding support for micro SDXC cards without having to format them as FAT32 would be great.