How about a Clip+ LP version(long play)?

Ah, the joys of production constraints.  The Clip+ has slightly less battery capacity, 290mAh, versus the Clip’s 330mAh LiPo battery.  Yet, despite the increased demands placed upon the machine by adding µSDHC support, SanDisk discontinued the famous blue ring light for the new Clip+, removing a major power consumer in the interest of conserving power.

The resulting power savings helps considerably, but I do note that the Clip+ consumes electrons at a regular pace.  Of late, this rate is increased by my personal habits, as I test out possible ways to kill the wee beastie.  I’m not having much luck in this endeavor, as the initial firmware is quite stable, I’m happy to report.

If you’ll recall, my preference for the Clip+ involved increasing the depth about 3mm, as growth along “the Z-axis” is far less obtrusive with this happy form factor.  I would love to see a deeper battery mounted in the future.  And the slightly increased heft adds to the quality feel of the device, I must admit.

The best alternative to gnarling up your Clip, as shown in the ABI photos, is the wee Duracell USB power pack, now that’s a nice little device.  I also like the Macally USB power pack, the smaller of the two, that looks like a little “brownie”.  I like the Macally because it satisfies my need for wee status lights and other cool controls.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 11-22-2009 11:29 AM