Fuze and Clip resume audiobook and resume podcast functions

I would like to see a resume podcast and a resume audiobook function on the Clip and the Fuze so that I can play part of a podcast or audiobook, then play some music, then return to where I was in the podcast or audiobook without having to remember which audiobook or podcast file was playing last, and how to navigate there. I would also like the players to mark podcast and audiobook files as  read when they are listened to completely, the ability to only list unread audiobook or podcast files, and a function on the player  to delete all podcasts or audiobooks that have been read.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-04-2009 12:47 AM

No comments?

I delete each podcast at its conclusion, and I never have more than one podcast partially listened to. If I go listen to music, then come back, I go back and finish the one I was listening to before.  Seems simple enough for me.:smiley:

Sometimes I have a large number of lectures or podcasts on my player at a time. Some are in a series and are numbered so it is easy to remember which I am in the middle of. Others have long names and aren’t so easy to find again after navigating away from them. Most of these are between 16 and 32 kbps, so a large number can fit in one gig(perhaps around 280 half an hour ones or 140 hour ones at 16 kbps. Imagine having a Fuze with 24 GB of storage, and around 6700 of them!) :slight_smile:

@jk98 wrote:

Sometimes I have a large number of lectures or podcasts on my player at a time. Some are in a series and are numbered so it is easy to remember which I am in the middle of. Others have long names and aren’t so easy to find again after navigating away from them. Most of these are between 16 and 32 kbps, so a large number can fit in one gig(perhaps around 280 half an hour ones or 140 hour ones at 16 kbps. Imagine having a Fuze with 24 GB of storage, and around 6700 of them!) :slight_smile:

Now your request makes perfect sense…that could be quite confusing!

Apparantly this has been addressed on the Fuze, Clip, and Clip+. I hadn’t read that it was addressed, and assumed it wasn’t. When you play park of an “audiobook” then some music files, then go back to the “book” it highlights the last played file in the book. In the past, I  had been putting my series of podcasts in the audiobook folder on the Clip and Fuze, , but then stopped doing that. Now I have a good reason to put them there again. Was this in the firmware notes and I missed it, or was it not documented? In any event, I am glad this was dealt with.

I am glad that Sandisk responds to our requests when they are reasonable. I wish I had known sooner that this was dealt with.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-07-2009 12:07 AM

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-07-2009 12:14 AM

One thing it doesn’t seem to be able to do though is play some untagged podcasts in a folder in the podcast folder in folder mode, play some music, power down the player, then after powering up, going back to folder mode and navigate to the podcast folder and have the last podcast played remembered by the player.

Please fix this, so that I can play some untagged podcasts in folder mode, play some music, then turn off the player, and have the player remember which podcast file I was playing last, and take me there. A resume podcast function and a resume audiobook function available when the button at 6 oclock is pressed. It should not only remember the podcast or audiobook file  last being played, but also restore the mode when it was last played(either browsing by folders or browsing by album, artist, etc.).