04-23-2010 10:08 AM - edited 09-07-2010 08:09 AM
1. Easily fit in a shirt pocket
2. Use a AA battery, or perhaps some other inexpensive easily swappable battery(perhaps a 18650 LIon battery?) that could be quickly charged ouside the player. While a AA nimh battery can be charged 4 at a time in as little as 15 minutes(a few chargers even charge 8 at a time), a 3,000 mah 18650 battery would probably take at least 3 hours to charge(and the chargers only seem to charge one or two at a time) The 18650 battery is just slightly larger than a AA, yet holds 3x the power. A 3,000 mah 18650 battery holds over 10x the power in the Clip+ battery, or around five and a half times the power in the Fuze battery. A 2,600 mah 18650 battery retails for under $5.
3. Have a low power monochrome display(perhaps like a digital watch) that is on all the time while the player is on.
4. 40+ hour battery life.
5. Have variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction and many features for managing podcasts, lectures, and audiobooks, including sound enhancements to make low quality voice recordings more comprehensible.
6.Both AM and FM HD radio.
7.A full sized SDXC card slot.
8.Have tactile buttons and a scroll wheel.
9.Have a mini USB connector.
10. Have both folder and tag browsing, and an option to disable tag browsing so a card could be swapped without a database refresh. Cards should be hot swappable(while the player is on), without any glitches.
11. High power output(at least 40 mw/channel into 16 ohms?). Also having a line out.
12. Some models having more than one card slot.
13. Some models having a mic jack, line in, and advanced recording features. User selectable mp3 or wma recording, with the bitrate user selectable.
14. Comes with a case that has a clip on the back.
Message Edited by JK98 on 05-11-2010 12:57 AM
04-27-2010 06:58 AM
Then JK98 would defintely not buy it.
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520
05-08-2010 03:52 PM
Similar to the Sansa and Cowon players we already have but with a few extras:
-Higher capacity flash players(32gb and above)
-Better tag support
-Customizable interfaces of some sort
-Album support of at least 500x500 jpegs with at least 300kb filesizes.
08-10-2010 12:31 PM - edited 08-10-2010 12:31 PM
My ideal player would have:
Amazing battery life (30+ hours)
Small form factor simular to Fuze
Comes with Rockbox
Recording the radio
Recording my voice
recorde to OGG or MP3 instead of crappy WMA
Large amount of onboard memory (16 gb)
Micro SD slot
Message Edited by trickyhero on 08-10-2010 12:31 PM
08-10-2010 03:09 PM
Actually, it records in .wav format, not .wma. Neither format are what I would call crappy.
09-07-2010 07:42 AM
"Amazing battery life (30+ hours)"
30 hour battery life is amazing????? I would say 300 hour battery life would be amazing. Just 30 hours isn't that good. With 300 hour battery life, many people would only need to charge the player once a month..