AA battery powered mp3 player?

@jk98 wrote:

it is easy enough to carry some spare batteries. With a player with a built in battery, if I deplete the power in the battery, I might be without use of the player for part of a day, but if I then forget to charge it when I get home, I might be without use of the player the next day as well.

But I doubt you’re ever very far away from an AC outlet to plug in a charger? Sometimes yes, fishing, hiking, etc. in the boonies, but even then you can carry a USB charging device powered by . . . yep, your AA batteries. (Oh sh!t, I think I just made a point for you) :stuck_out_tongue:

@jk98 wrote:

If there is indeed a 4000 song limit on the Fuze with the current firmware it is because they felt that few would exceed this with 16 gigs of storage. If a full sized SD slot was included instead, the limit would have been set higher.

I don’t buy this as an oversight on SanDisk’s part. A firmware boo-boo? Definitely! But with the amount of time spent in R & D and testing before these things actually make it to market, somebody would have HAD to try & put more than 4000 songs on a player. And it’s not exactly 4000. It varies; it’s just around that number. So it probably has something to do with the processor and the amount of data it can read or something. If I knew what it was, I’d fix it! But first, I’d enter into a techinal independent contractor status with SanDisk and get paid for it! :wink:

Besides, they (SanDisk) knew going into this realm that with the SDHC micro-card the possible near-future total memory capacity would be 40GB (8GB on-board & 32GB SDHC card). And the Fuze is choking on less than half that? So the idea that they would have planned for a higher ceiling with the full-size card is just silly. They should have planned (key word: planned) for it regardless!

Anyway, good back & forth! :smiley: