AA battery powered mp3 player?

On of my friends just bought a Sandisk Clip+. His first comment was a complaint that the player is too small. I asked him a few days later how he is enjoying the player, and he said he can’t find it. Having a player that is somewhat larger is a good thing. Not only can the display be larger, but the player wouldn’t be as easy to misplace. I like the Clip Sport form factor much better than that of the Clip+ and Clip Zip, however i would prefer a player that is even slightly larger than the Clip Sport that is still a clip on one, which has an even larger display and even more battery life.

When the first portable transistor radio was made, they tried to make it fit in a shirt pocket, but still couldn’t get it to fit in a standard shirt pocket. Their solution was to cheat a bit, and make a shirt with an extra large pocket, and have the radio shown going into the shirt pocket. Imo the paradigm of portable music fitting into a shirt pocket is still relevant today, although since most are listening using earphones, so there should be room in the pocket for earphones as well. Having a player be as small as the Clip+ is , seems somewhat couterproductive, as it means skimping on battery life and display size.