AA battery powered mp3 player?

@jk98 wrote:

They aren’t that different for cameras with similar functionality. i tend to look mostly at the Canon digital  camera models, as they have the most diversersity. They also often seem to often offer better value than Nikon, although for those who already have Nikon lenses, choosing a Canon camera usually doesn’t make sense(the lenses aren’t compatible). While neither Canon or Nikon makes a digital SLR that uses AA batteries, Pentax does make some of them. Notice though that there are optional battery grips for Canon and Nikon SLRs that will allow the cameras to be powered by AA batteries.

Removing a battery to charge it is a positive factor, not a negative one. The heat generated when charging a battery adds extra wear to electronic circuits, and shortens their lifespan. I guess charging a battery internally is desired though if someone wants to design something that is disposable.

I didn’t mean to imply it was bad to have to remove the battery to charge it. It is indeed a good idea, not only because of the heat issue which you mentioned ( which I have seen on my AA and AAA while in the charger ) but it would give her the option to swap out on-the-go, if necessary. I know very little about cameras, to be honest…I have a Nikon P&S because that’s what was purchased for me a couple Christmases ago. I know that they and Canons are both well-regarded, but that’s about it.