jv40646

subscription expired... what subscription? this thing is reformatted!

Soooooo I finally am tired of my Sansa telling me every time I turn it on that I need to connect it to my PC b/c my subscription tracks have expired. I'm confused. I have NO music on there and deleted all of the Rhapsody channels b/c I dont use them. I've connected to the computer & Rhapsody several times but I still need to "connect to PC." Any ideas how I can solve this?
PJ
SanDisk User
PJ

Re: subscription expired... what subscription? this thing is reformatted!

I had a similar issue a while back when I cancelled a Rhapsody account last year (I actually just got a new account). What you need to do is log into Rhapsody and right-click on the player under the sources section and choose the deauthorize option. This should fix your issue.
SanDisk Guru
c1u31355

The error message can be misleading.

It is also possible that you have tracks on the unit with DRM (Digital Rights Misery) protection. They might time out after a while or need licensing information that's supposed to be synchronized to Windows Media Player or Rhapsody.

In My Computer, seach the unit for .wma tracks and look at their Properties--see if they're copy protected.  You might be able to wake them up wth Windows Media Player, if they're on your computer and you bought them somewhere, by putting it in PlaysForSure mode and connecting, which should open Windows Media Player.  Or you could just delete them (which is what I'd do) and stick to mp3s.

If you ripped your own CDs in the default settings of Windows Media Player--which is .wma with copy protection--then rip them again. Open WMP, right-click on Rip/ Tools/ Options and look in "Rip Music." Change it from .Wma Audio to mp3. (And hey, give yourself good sound quality--move the slider to 192 kbps.) No more copy protection, no more error messages.
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
farm_assist

I would love to know the answer to this, I keep getting the message "Connect to your PC in x days or your subscription tracks will espire" I connect to my PC using Rhapsody every few days!  Why am I still getting this message?!
SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Ah, open Rhapsody and click "My Account".  From the pull down list click "Update Track Licenses".

You should get a pop up message for the update (successful).

Then right-click on the Sansa, under the Sources pane, and click "License."

Next, the tricky operation: hold (Control) (Shift) and right click again on the sansa, this time selecting "Reset Secure Clock".

These initial steps should synchronize your device and the licenses.

Bob  :smileywink:
jeffwu96

I spent hours to get the pop up screen and red dot away. I even reformated it in my pc (Windows XP) and try more than 10 time in Rhapsody site to deauthorized, never work.

Finally I fixed my Sansa e260R.  Here is what I fixed mine. 

Sign up a Rhapsody 2 months free account (no need credit crad or any committed) go to:

->> my account.  

->> authorize your computer first 

->> right clik on on you MP3 (it shows on the middle of your left side of pc screen

->> do "deauthorized", then "authorized", then "deauthorized", then "authorized", then "deauthrized", few times. ****the last time you wnat "deauthorized". 

->> format your Sansa (few line below authorized, there is a option), ****-you need to format your Saasa here not Mircrosoft Windos (I did try that way few times, it did not work). 

After few seconds the format will be completed.  Turn off your Sansa then turn back on, the pop out screen and red dot should be gone.  I hope this help.

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

jeffwu96 wrote:

I spent hours to get the pop up screen and red dot away. I even reformated it in my pc (Windows XP) and try more than 10 time in Rhapsody site to deauthorized, never work.

Finally I fixed my Sansa e260R.  Here is what I fixed mine. 

Sign up a Rhapsody 2 months free account (no need credit crad or any committed) go to:

->> my account.  

->> authorize your computer first 

->> right clik on on you MP3 (it shows on the middle of your left side of pc screen

->> do "deauthorized", then "authorized", then "deauthorized", then "authorized", then "deauthrized", few times. ****the last time you wnat "deauthorized". 

->> format your Sansa (few line below authorized, there is a option), ****-you need to format your Saasa here not Mircrosoft Windos (I did try that way few times, it did not work). 

After few seconds the format will be completed.  Turn off your Sansa then turn back on, the pop out screen and red dot should be gone.  I hope this help.

all you really need to do is deauthrize the device in rhapsody.
flatrock

What do I do if I no longer have a Rhapsody to go account.  I wasn't using it, so I quit subscribing.

Now I can't play any audio books I download from the library.  The e280R tells me I need to "synchronize to continue my music subscription.  I resychronize the files through Windows Media Player, but it doesn't fix it.

I may have never deauthorized my e280R when I stopped using Rhapsody, but it won't seem to let me do it now.  I even tried formatting from Rhapsody. 

Cera75

We never had a Rhapsody account, so how can we fix this problem?

We have specific songs that are just not playing.  It's annoying.  I resychronize the files through Windows Media Player, but it doesn't fix it.

rmonday

So what if you don't want an account with rhapsody and you need to deauthorize your sansa what do you do? It doesn't give me the option to deauthorize only to authorize and I don't want to pay just to do that.