Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DonH

Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to close"

[ Edited ]
I have an E280R and am running Rhapsody on a PC with a Pentium 4 with Windows XP. Whenever I start Rhapsody, or at least 9 times out of 10,it crashes and the following message is displayed "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to close." I've called Rhapsody about this once and their solution was to have me uninstall Rhapsody and Windows Media Player and reinstall them. This seemed to work for a day, but then I started having the same problem. I do not have the time to uninstall and reinstall software everytime I want to import a CD or synch my E280R. Is anyone else having this type of problem? Any suggestions? Incidentally the same PC runs other programs with no problem.

Message Edited by DonH on 12-19-2007 06:37 PM
SanDisk Professor
Peter_Griffin

Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Hmm, might be a buggy install.

Did you try redownloading the installer from Rhapsody.com?

But thats more of a Rhapsody issue than that of Sandisk. But honestly I have no idea. Usually reinstalling works for me if I have problems with a player.
angwil

Re: Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I am having the same exac problem and it's sooo frustrating. i think i've installed and uninstalled four times and it doesn't help. Have you found anything that works?
telgar442

Re:Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Try re-assigning the folder that rhapsody is trying to import the songs to.  I realized i was having the same problem, but I then realized that rhapsody was trying to import the CD to a folder on my external.  So try making sure that the folder that rhapsody is writing to is on the computer and works.  If that doesn't work then I'm sorry but that's all I can tell you.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re:Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to close&q

telgar442 wrote:

Try re-assigning the folder that rhapsody is trying to import the songs to.  I realized i was having the same problem, but I then realized that rhapsody was trying to import the CD to a folder on my external.  So try making sure that the folder that rhapsody is writing to is on the computer and works.  If that doesn't work then I'm sorry but that's all I can tell you.

Psssst . . . don't know if you noticed, but you're replying to a 3 year-old post. :smileywink:

budmickl

Re: Re:Rhapsody Crashes - "RealNetworks Rhapsody has encountered a problem and needs to

The post may be 3 yr old, but I'm having the same problem today.,  Mine started after installing some update a year ago or longer.

Any suggestions??