Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
stwiill

Micro SD Memory - how to use? Not working for me.

[ Edited ]
I bought my Sansa e250R in August and have been mostly satisfied with it.

This week, I bought a 2 GB SanDisk Micro SD memory card to be able to add more songs to my player.

As of today, I've not been able to figure out how to make use of it.  I plug the memory card in the player and:

- Using the Best Buy Digital Music Store (the only software that came with the player, and the only way I've been reliably able to get music into my player) the e250R device still shows up, but with only 1.8 GB total storage available.  When I tried using the software to "over load" (go past the 1.8 GB mark) it didn't work.  Out of space. 
- Using Windows Explorer, the device shows up as two drives.  The E: drive has a 1.8 GB capacity, the F: drive shows up as 0 GB capacity.

I've changed the mode; tried both ways, though I have mostly tried it with the mode set to "Rhapsody" since the "Plays For Sure" option didn't even let me drag&drop files.

I've looked through the PDF of the user's manual, and can't find anything that tells me I should have to do something special to make the memory card work.

Am I using the wrong tool to load the player?  Would some other tool work better?  Is there some "reset" I need to perform in order to get the player to recognize the memory?  Could I have gotten a bad memory card?  How can I tell?

Anyone?

Message Edited by stwiill on 10-26-2007 12:53 PM
SanDisk Professor
Peter_Griffin

Re: Micro SD Memory - how to use? Not working for me.

where did you buy the card from?
stwiill

I bought both the player and the card from the local Best Buy store.
stwiill

Can someone tell me how this expansion memory is SUPPOSED to work?  Just a pointer to some documentation would be helpful.  I don't know if

1) the memory I bought is bad, or
2) if the player's slot to read the memory is bad, or
3) if I'm just missing some step

When I put the memory card in the slot, and then use Windows Explorer, it tells me I have two drives added to my system.  One has 1.8 GB of memory (which is what it said before I added the memory card) and the other has 0 GB.  When I try to explore or format the 0 GB drive it asks me to insert a disk in that drive.

I'm pretty computer literate, so to me this looks like the memory is not recognized -- whether that means the memory is bad or the player's expansion slot is bad, I don't know.  But because this is pretty new to me, and the player has these strange "modes" I'm willing to believe I missed something and this is just User Error.  If I could find a document that tells me how it SHOULD work, I'd read it.

Barring that, I guess I have to call for support, or just return the memory and forget this.

Any help out there?  I see lots of people have read my entry.  Anyone have the memory card and it worked?  Anyone having the same trouble I am?
Fazhoul

I installed all of the software for mine on my laptop at home and I can't get it to recognize the SD card no matter what I do. I brought my Sansa E260R into work and plugged it into my computer without installing anything and my computer recognized both the player and the card automatically. They will show up as two different drives in Windows Explorer and as far as I can tell the player can't actually access data from the card while playing. At least things I store oon it never show up in my list of files to play.
SanDisk Guru
drlucky

how to video for adding files to the micro sd card