Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
poe280

resetting the sansa

how do you make the sansa go into recovery mode, to reset it?  I have a Sansa e280 that's acting up. I've tried the procedure where you put it on "Hold" and hold the record button while it powers on, and it hasn't worked. It works on my old e260 but not the e280. Is there a different way to do it?

Thanks

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: resetting the sansa

Re-setting your device is different than recovery mode. Re-setting simply involves pressing & holding the power button down for 15 - 20 seconds forcing it to shut down. Then press the power button once to re-start normally.

Now formatting, that's a different can 'o' worms. Is this what you meant?

Recovery mode is only available on the v1 units. There is no recovery mode on the v2's. See my reply to your other post regarding telling the difference.

What is your problem with your e280?

atye

everytime i go to load music its freeze and i have to go to recovery mode down grade and then update

SanDisk Guru
TheMarkster

Have you tried formatting your player?
poe280

Sorry it took so long to come back here...

Well, my problem is that the thing was fine and then one day I went to sync music and it's been acting nutty ever since.  Basically when I try to sync through Napster, it will download maybe 20 songs just fine and then after that it will only say "transfer complete" but you can tell that no further progress was made.  Also, if I try to sync through Windows Media Player, it may or may not sync some songs but most of them turn up synchronization errors, like how it'll tell me I have to get more rights from Napster, or that the device doesn't support subscription music...sometimes it won't really give the specifics of the error...all kinds of stuff.  All I know for sure is that I can't do anything with it right now.  I've tried formatting it several ways, countless times...I've re-set it numerous times, I've tried to update the firmware, everything I can think of.  I contacted Napster since it seems to be mainly a sync/sync rights issue and they weren't really any help at all; the guy just told me to change the USB mode, which I'd done numerous times before contacting them.  It's been probably like two months since this first started and I've been so frustrated, between other things, that i've just kinda given up on it and I let it sit there.  Luckily I have my old e260 so it gives me something to fall back on, only that it has half the memory and a crack in the screen.  I had some kind of problem with it once, but I was able to put it in recovery mode and it works fine again.  That's why I was hoping there was something similar with the e280 because if there was then I was sure it would work, but apparently I was wrong.

So what do I do with it???

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

First, turn your e280v2 on, and read the info display.

Go to Settings > Info and have a look at the installed firmware level.  The current build is 03.01.16.

DRM / subscription license error issues have been addressed in the later revision.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

poe280

okay i'll try that and let you know how it goes.  thanks!
poe280

well, it still didn't work.  I had the latest version already on there, and I re-loaded it anyway, and it still didn't work. :smileysad:

anything else I can do?

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Try formatting the device and reauthorizing with Napster.

Bob  :smileywink:

kenwest

have a sandisk sansa e280,  does not show connected to computer and when plugged into port or turned on the sansa goes directly to "refresh database" and stays on that until the refresh bar is half way then starts to "refresh database" from the start.  will not go to connected mode and is unusable until it is refreshed, which i won't complete.  have let it try to refresh for over an hour. how do i fix it.