Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
amiTT1

my pc wont recognize my new micro sdhc 4gb.

i have just bought it and when its in my sansa e270 (v1) my rockbox reading it. the problem is that my pc do not.

it tells me that i need to put a disk in side (like there is nothing to read). when i plug my player it gives me 2 usb drivers (j: & k:smileyhappy: the j: is my player and the k: suppose to my the card but like i said it says : "please insert a disk to drive k:".

funny thing that my brother's micro sd 2gb is working fine for me so could it be that the player is a no good adaptor for sdhc???.

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Re: my pc wont recognize my new micro sdhc 4gb.

[ Edited ]

I would test the 4GB µSDHC card either in the other sansa or in a card reader.  Transfer a sample file to the µSD card by either alternate means and see if the file is transferred.  If I understand correctly, your brother also has a sansa (where the other 2GB card is from).  Use that device to see if the 4GB is recognized.  Of course, as it's an HC card, the second player will recognize it only if it's a v2 or has Rockbox mounted.

Bob   :smileywink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-22-2008 06:12 PM
amiTT1

[ Edited ]

hi tnx for the answer. well i tried my card on his sansa (which has a rockbox on it) and had the same result: the player is reading the card but my pc isn't.

i dont understand how i can put songs in it if the pc wont recognize it.

any other suggestion???

Message Edited by amiTT1 on 04-23-2008 03:38 AM
SanDisk Guru
TheMarkster

Short answer:  You need to go out and buy a card reader/writer that supports µSDHC cards.  Use it to transfer files from the PC to the card, and then put the card in the Rockboxed player to play the files.

Be sure to verify that the card reader/write does support µSDHC cards.  Don't assume that just because it says it supports µSD cards that it will also support the High Capacity variety.  If you already have a card reader/writer and it doesn't appear to be able to read/write the card, it is possible that you can go to the manufacturer's website and download either an updated driver or possibly a firmware update for the card reader/writer to upgrade it to µSDHC support. Chances are better for this if it is a name brand card reader/writer rather than a non-descript generic model.  If you don't have a card reader/writer on you computer, check your printer.  If it's a color photo printer, there's a good chance it could have a card reader/writer built-in on it somewhere.  If you have to go buy one, be sure to check both the computer electronics section of your favorite store and also the digital camera section.  For your own convenience it is recommended that you get one that will directly take the µSDHC card without requiring the SD adapter.  It can become a bit of a nuisance to have to dig out the adapter everytime you want to manage the files on the card.
amiTT1

**bleep**, i was affraid i would have the buy an adapter.

hey tnx for the help dude! 

Pitry

Hi, I don't know what sdhc is, so I might have the same problem and might not... my recently bought e260 works fine on several computers I tested it on,but my own computer refuses to recognise it, I got once or twice a message that "a new USB device was not instaled properly" but mostly when I connect it to the computer it just won't recognise there's anything connected to it, and although the display claims it is being charged while connected to the computer, the battery state suggests it isn't actually charged as it was lower when I finaly gave up on trying to make my computer recognise it and disconnected the mp3 player than it was before. 

I would have tried installing the software from the CD, only I didnt get a CD with the device when I bought it. Likewise, despite what numerous instructions claim, I don't have the "USB" option on the settings menu, so I can't even tell if it's some sort of MTP/ other thingie setting problem (when checking it first on a computer on which it worked I simpyl dragged and dropped files into it).

Thanks for yor help...

SanDisk Fanatic
DanCorcoran

[ Edited ]

Pitry - if you will go to the first page of this message board, you will see 7 threads (subjects) listed above a thick light blue line dividing them from the threads lower on the page.  If you take the time to read each of these, you will get a much better understanding of your Sansa.  You'll also find answers to most, if not all, of the questions you asked.

Message Edited by DanCorcoran on 04-24-2008 06:32 AM
numbnut

Hi I have a similar problem.

When I insert my Sandisk 4gb card into the reader, the computer just loses sight of the reader.

The card seller said I needed a new reader, so I bought one with sdhc capability, but the same thing happens.

Both readers still recognise my old 128mb Sandisk card.

Any ideas - or is my new card just dodgy?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

numbnut wrote:

Hi I have a similar problem.

When I insert my Sandisk 4gb card into the reader, the computer just loses sight of the reader.

The card seller said I needed a new reader, so I bought one with sdhc capability, but the same thing happens.

Both readers still recognise my old 128mb Sandisk card.

Any ideas - or is my new card just dodgy?

How old is your computer? Maybe it doesn't recognize the SDHC format.
numbnut

Thanks Tapeworm - It's a sony vaio, about 7 years old.

If that is the problem, how can i make it recognise the SDHC format?