Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jshakour

e280 troubleshooting question

I have Vista and I am trying to upload music to my e280, sometimes my pc recognizes the mp3 player and sometimes it does not, will a firmware upgrade resolve this issue, and if so do I download the firmware updater from the e200 series site?

-J
SanDisk Professor
Sansa_e280r

Re: e280 troubleshooting question

yea or use MSC mode
drpills

[ Edited ]
Sansa Professor, you need to go back to school. If you've been paying attention, Sandisk released a whole bunch of e280s with firmware that does NOT act as documented.  NO USB MODE option, NO RECOVERY MODE, no firmware updates. Oh, and no CD as documented on the package.

Edit: Firmware updater seemed to recognize I have the latest (but with problems as outlined above) firmware in spite of not going into the proper USB mode.

Sux to be Sandisk when Costco pulls their products off the shelf.

Message Edited by drpills on 11-24-2007 01:52 PM
Jshakour

[ Edited ]
Mine came with a CD and i did not purchase from Costco , so after your two posts im lost! What am I to do?

-J

Message Edited by Jshakour on 11-24-2007 04:42 PM
Jshakour

I have MSC and MTP  mode on my e280 does this mean i am ok?

-J
Jshakour

[ Edited ]
I got the firmware to update!!!!!!!:smileytongue:  But it still does not show up all the time when i plug into my laptop.

-J

Message Edited by Jshakour on 11-24-2007 07:23 PM
XanYae

There are two versions of the e280.  The v1 and v2.  The v2 does not have the USB option for MTP/MSC.  I confirmed that with Sandisk tech support last night.  The manual (which if you have the v2 has to be dowloaded from teh website!) makes no mention of this change, however in the removal of the option.
Jshakour

I spoke with a SanDisk tech guy and he thinks the problem is that my laptop even though it was plugged into the wall, did not have enough power to the USB port to power the e280. I have an IBM T61p, and it was plugged into the wall. The funny thing the MP3 player works every once in awhile. I would think that it wouldnt work at all.

-J
XanYae

I encountered a power issue while using a 4-port hub on an older PC.  That could be a problem for you because when I relocated the connection toe the motherboard USB port it connected fine.  Notice I said 'connected' because it did nothing after that regarding getting ripped tunes onto it.  However, the USB connection reported a power problem in XP so if you don't see that, the tech support may be sending you down a dead-end.
Jshakour

i am running Vista and I am connecting directly to the laptop.

-J