Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
doggpounder

e280 - Copying JPG files from MicroSD Card to PC

I have some JPG files on the Micro SD card in my e280 and I would like to just copy them to my hard drive using windows explorer.  I can see the folder and list of files in windows explorer, but when i try to copy / paste them, nothing happens.  These photos were taken with a digital camera and were never converted to the sansa format.  Since these files are residing on a standard MicroSD card and are still the original jpg files, shouldn't I be able to copy them over?  If so, how?

Thanks!

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: e280 - Copying JPG files from MicroSD Card to PC

Have you tried dragging and dropping from the card to the computer instead of "cut/copy & paste?"
doggpounder

yes... it has the same effect...

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

How about trying Windows Media Player as a "photo" transfer?  The applicaion may be happy with the jpeg file.  Be sure you're in the correct USB mode.

Rhapsody will also pull photos (but it doesn't seem to like my images that have gone through the SMC).

Lastly, get one of the cool little USB card readers. SanDisk has a couple of cool multi-format readers for under $20.  If you get one of the new Mobile Ultra µSDHC cards, they have a teeny card reader that I've been looking at, a cool keyfob type unit.

Bob  :smileytongue: 

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

doggpounder wrote:

yes... it has the same effect...

These pictures aren't set up as "read-only" are they? Right-click on one of the .jpg files in Explorer & select Properties to have a look-see. There's got to be some reason why you can't copy them or move them from one place to the other.

SanDisk Guru
TheMarkster

Can't the sansa display jpg formatted photos?  Maybe they need to be in the Photo folder in order for the player to find them.  I'm not sure.  I haven't done much experimenting with images on my sansa, but I don't think you need to convert them from jpg to some other format.  In a perfect world you should be able to take the card directly from the camera, stick it into the player, and view the files from there.

If you have a v1 model player, consider trying rockbox, an alternative third party free open source firmware from rockbox.org.  Using File view in rockbox you should be able to navigate to your image files and view them easily enough.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

TheMarkster wrote:

Can't the sansa display jpg formatted photos?  Maybe they need to be in the Photo folder in order for the player to find them. 

Markster -

Dogg's problem isn't tht he can't view them on his player; it's that he's trying to copy the .jpg files from his SD card to his computer and for some reason it's not working.

SanDisk Guru
AutobahnSHO

Take the micro SD out of the sansa and use a media reader or SD card adapter to plug it straight into your computer-

And try then??

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.