Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk User
N_Jay

Video on Sansa e250

When I send a .VONB file to the Sansa Media Converter, it creates two or three .MOV files.
The first file created works fine, but the next one or two both have a problem with being very jerky like there is only one or two frames per second.
I versified this by putting the files back on my computer and playing them withe a QuickTime player.

HELP!!
SanDisk Professor
Apix

Re: Video on Sansa e250

Try updating to the newest SMC and see if that helps
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
SanDisk User
N_Jay

SanDisk told me to download the new Media converter.
Seems they have two, one is ArcSoft based and the other is InterVideo based.
They are both on the site and it seems that depending on which download page you get to you get one or the other.
The ArcSoft one has a problem, but
the InterVidio one works (but is WAY slower).

I will give the conversion software a try.
The player seems to like QuickTime video files. (Mpeg4 compression)

SanDisk Professor
Sansa_e280r

If you do not like the Sansa Media Converter, you can try Rockbox with MPGs.
SanDisk User
Gridagent

Mpeg4?
Using the Sansa converter mine turn into .mov files. What's the main video format for the player?
SanDisk User
N_Jay

MOV used MPEG4 compression.

I don't know if you can just change the extension (or if you even need extension)

SanDisk User
Gridagent

Say Jay can you break it down for me?

"MOV used MPEG4 compression."

Does that mean...

The Sansa once used MOV but now MPEG   or   MOV = MPEG

I ask cause I haven't had time to mess with mine yet (just got it) because the .mov videos I converted show on the computer, but don't play on the Sansa.
SanDisk User
N_Jay

To the best of my knowledge, .MOV (QuickTime file) uses MPEG 4 compression, and may even be file compatible with standard MPEG4 files.
I ave not tried moving MPEG4 files created by other encoders into the SANSA yet, but have sent them to the SANSA through the SANSA media converter.

I have also pulled .MOV files out of the SANSA and they play fine on a generic QuickTime player.
SanDisk User
Gridagent

You're right about that part... I can click on a video file thru the Sansa and they play fine on the computer.

But what I'm trying to figure out is why they won't play on the Sansa.
I've used the Sansa converter and according to the computer the files are in .mov format and are in the Video Folder on the Sansa. BUT once disconnected the videos appear in the Music Folder and won't play.

Does anyone else have this problem? Ideas?
SanDisk User
Gridagent

Resolved!!!

For those w/ a V2 model, just go to the Sansa website and download, not the driver, but the converter. Its a newer version.

Videos now convert and play great!