Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
morrkope
Accepted Solution

Suddent error message using Playlister

I have been using sanse playlister for Sansa e 200v1 for a while.  Suddenly when I try and add a name to my playlist it comes back with an error message:

"Bad file name or number."

Any idea why this is happening?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: Suddent error message using Playlister

I've used the Sanse Playlister (although it's been a while) before and can't say I ever had this problem. Is your player connected in MSC mode? Are you sure you've refreshed or updated the program after connecting so it's lookiing at a current listing of songs on the player and/or card? You could be trying to add a song that is still in the listing from the last time you used the program, but since has been removed from the player.

morrkope

Thanks for your reply.  I have the e 260 I am in the MSC mode

I did go to the firmware download and checked my info on my sandisk says:

version 01.02.18A

I persume I have version 1 however after the download it does not show 01.02.24 firmware download & intructions.

Does that matter.  

Also, I do see the sansaupdaterinstaller.exe in my computer in the folder: SANSA E260

Anyway after connecting my device to the computer and trying to syncronize i have to cancel update yet what it shows are only

some of the the files I downloaded why? 

Also I tried again to save a playlist on sansa and the same "Bad file name or number" error pops up in Sanse Playlister.

I am sure perplexed.  Any ideas.

Thank you

morrkope

Many thanks for the solution advise you provided.  The updating of my program seems to have worked even though at first it did not seem to happen. 

I have one more question however, my playlist does not show all the files that on my device and I wonder is there a way in which I can remove the files that are clearly on the device but that can not be erased while I am syncronized with the computer.

Again,

Thank you

Mo

morrkope

Re: connecting to my player difficulty

I am now experiencing a problem connecting to my player.  It shows that I am connected yet when I try and open my snase player for sansa e200 v1 MSC it says that "A databse of the music on your sansa hasn't been created" - I see the playlist and files on my device but I cann't seem to connect.

Any idea as to why?