brenthedlund

Sansa e250

I am unable to delete files from my e250.  My computer no longer recognizes it in MTP mode.  When it's in MSC mode it recognizes the music on my micro card, but not on my sansa (where no music files appear.  Where can it be sent to have all files deleted?  I cannot install firmware because there is no space left, and I cannot delete music files when my computer doesn't recognize them.
SanDisk Guru
c1u31355

Re: Sansa e250

Connect in MTP mode. Go to Device Manager (Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware in Windows XP; different path in Vista, you'd have to find it in your help file). See if there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point under USB devices. Uninstall it (not Disable--Uninstall) and reboot. 

If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows Media Player 10 or 11. You can get it free from www.microsoft.com. WMP has the drivers for MTP mode.

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
SupermanP33v3

I am also having this problem.  I was using it last night and I plugged it in to charge it then when I woke up and went to change the music on the unit it didn't reconize it, then I changed it to MSC mode and it reconized it but it no longer had a Music folder.  The old music was on it but I could not delete it or add anything else.  I formatted it which was secessful in deleting the old music but now I have an empty MP3 player and can not add any more media.  Also, when I unplug, sometimes it says that it is refreshing the unit and it will shut off and turn back on... but not solve any problem.  I am using Vista and could not follow the instructions left by c1u31355, Im sorry, I dont know if it works or not, I tried to find the same spot in vista but vista is new to me so.. its alot to look through.  Can anyone help?
SanDisk Guru
c1u31355

How to un-hide the Music Folder in MSC

(if Vista is different use the Help file and search for Hide or Hidden) 

In MSC, you should be able to see the unit in Computer as a separate drive and just drag-and-drop folders or individual mp3s over to it. You can put them anywhere you want (except TEMP). Have you tried that? 

SupermanP33v3

Yeah, I tried that.  It just froze my Unit and computer.  I have tried it on both computers I own.  Here is the odd thing.  If I right click on the MP3 players icon and go to "Open as portable divice" I can see the Music File there and I can open it but then when I go to install an MP3 it freezes.

Anymore Ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

SanDisk Guru
c1u31355

"Open as portable device" suggests that you still have it in MTP mode.

Do you have Windows Media Player 10 or 11 installed? That should contact it in MTP. 

Also, are you logged in as Administrator on your computer?