Need Sansa Media Converter for my Sandisk Sansa e200

I am trying to find the Sansa Media Converter for my Sandisk Sansa e200. I download the Sansa Updater and tried the sansa updater but it keeps saying "No updatable sansa product has been recognized, Plug in your device and wait for further instruction". I did plug in my device and it's taking forever (over one hour) and never go to the next step.  What's the problem?  Can I just download the SMC from somewher else?
SanDisk User

Re: Need Sansa Media Converter for my Sandisk Sansa e200

[ Edited ]

Google found this.

At your own risk, virus-check, etc. 

Message Edited by whatchamacallit on 02-14-2010 04:22 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Jeff6972 wrote:
I am trying to find the Sansa Media Converter for my Sandisk Sansa e200. I download the Sansa Updater and tried the sansa updater but it keeps saying "No updatable sansa product has been recognized, Plug in your device and wait for further instruction". I did plug in my device and it's taking forever (over one hour) and never go to the next step.  What's the problem?  Can I just download the SMC from somewher else?

Before you try Rapidshare (which should always be a last resort), try this:

You may have better luck if you put the Sansa in MSC mode (Settings>USB Mode>MSC). If it still doesn't work in MSC mode, go into Windows Device Manager and look for nonworking devices (a yellow exclamation point on a triangle). Right-click and delete all such devices, disconnect your Sansa, then reboot the computer. After rebooting, give Windows several minutes to settle down, then reconnect the Sansa. Windows should now correctly identify and install the player.

Once you get Sansa Media Converter downloaded, you can uninstall the updater. There will almost certainly never be another update for the e200, so the updater is virtually useless.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 02-14-2010 10:35 AM
Message Edited by gwk1967 on 02-14-2010 10:38 AM

This was helpful. The sansa sandisk clipzip is still doing this, apparently, years later.

SEM

Thank you SO MUCH for the advice. It worked! I put it in MSC mode. And it was finally recognized and began to charge. Smiley Very Happy