Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
philo0o

HOW TO PUT SEVERAL PLAYLISTS ON MY SANSA

hi

my problem is I don't know how to put several playlists on my sandisk sansa e280 version 2!!! I think I tried everything but it didn't work out... I can put one playlist on my sansa but as soon as I put a second playlist on the sansa the first playlist is deleted! And to put two playlists at the same time on the sansa doesn't work out too...

so I would be glad if someone could help me with my problem

thank you very much

SanDisk Professor
ComfortablyNumb

Re: HOW TO PUT SEVERAL PLAYLISTS ON MY SANSA

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you can't.  Sandisk has decided that one playlist is all you need.  You're stuck with it, until and unless a) rockbox firmware comes out for the version 2 Sansa; or b) Sandisk actually listens to its customers and makes this incredibly simple fix in a future firmware upgrade. 

Of those two possibilities, the rockbox solution will happen eventually, and the Sandisk solution will happen at about the same time that hell freezes over. 
Is this the right room for an argument?
SanDisk Senior User
SansaMe

You can put several playlists on the e200 v2.  I have three right now.  Please check out the How To Video on how to load playlist to your Sansa.

http://www.sandisk.com/sansa/assets/English/support/How_To_Videos.pdf

#7 under the Windows Media Player 11 section.

Go Sansa!

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Same here, I have a whole gaggle of 'em.  I have generated them via WiMP11, Rhapsody, and Windows Explorer.

Check our the above link SansaMe listed as well- the video is pretty well layed out.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

hwwyang

Is there a Maximum Number of Playlist one can have?  Does any one know?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Trying to replicate Playlist issues, I generated what can best be described as a "royal boatload" of lists from WiMP, Rhapsody, and Exploder.

Now the problem is remembering which playlist I feel like.

On the side, building them manually (as in MSC mode) is like brushing your teeth with a toothpick.  With practice, even that isn't too bad.

Bob  :smileytongue:

philo0o

hi guys, thanks for your answers. but my problem is still there! your links to this video didn't help much because I can only put one playlist on my sansa with this system!!! I think ComfortablyNumb is right with his comment: it isn't possible to put several lists on the sansa.... anyway thanks for the answers
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

PhiloOo -

I  have an e280v2 player that I was having problems getting even 1 playlist to work! Finally, after much hair-pulling and more than a little cussing, I had success with Winamp (a free media player that doesn't have, shall we say, all the tempermental issues that Windows Media Player has). Check out this thread, where I tried to explain what I did and help someone else with the same problem only with a Sansa Fuze.

The e200 series v2, the Fuze & the Clip all seem to use .m3u playlists vs. the .pla format I was used to on my e260v1 player. Read through the entire thread as my first suggestion (post #9) was slightly incorrect. I tested the procedure and sucessfully created more playlists that worked. I described this in a follow-up post (post #14). Just remember to save your playlist in your MUSIC folder and NOT in your PLAYLIST folder on the player. Yeah, I know, sound kinda counter-intuitive, doesn't it? (I's don't makes up the rulez, I's just trys to works around 'em :smileywink: )

I now have 4 working playlists, so I know it works. Hopefully, it will work for you too :smileyhappy: !

philo0o

hey Tapeworm

thank you very much for your information. Winamp is quite a nice program. it's that easy with Winamp. Now I have several playlists on my sansa :-) !!! (nice)

so thank you and.....

ger
ger

I have no problem with creating hundreds of playlists for the e200/v2 using my tool
Simply copy your mp3 files to any location within a \MUSIC directory and convert your m3u playlists as instructed.
Download version 1.3 for UTF8 support.