jopojo

Re: Future Audible Support

I called Sansa and was told it will be a different player - they compared it to a car dealer who won't take back your car because a hybrid version came out! :smileymad:   They also told me a firmware update is not available.  I returned mine (only had it a week) and bought Iriver Clix2.  It fully supports audible, has multible book marks and tons of other features that the e260 doesn't have.  Oh, and it's also flash based.  Doubt I'll buy sandisk again.
unhappyuser

Re: Future Audible Support

[ Edited ]

jopojo wrote:
I called Sansa and was told it will be a different player - they compared it to a car dealer who won't take back your car because a hybrid version came out! :smileymad:   They also told me a firmware update is not available.  I returned mine (only had it a week) and bought Iriver Clix2.  It fully supports audible, has multible book marks and tons of other features that the e260 doesn't have.  Oh, and it's also flash based.  Doubt I'll buy sandisk again.

What a joke! I'm done with Sandisk... I will NEVER buy another Sandisk player as long as they refuse to upgrade the firmware for existing e2x0 players. I now have to buy another player (probably iPod, which I wanted to avoid in the first place) to be able to play Audible files without having to go through the ridiculous and timewasting CD export/import conversion route.

Message Edited by unhappyuser on 11-14-2007 04:59 AM