09-18-2007 08:45 PM
My sansa is stuck in the refresh database screen. It had not done this before untill i put a few little video clips onto it. My mp3 player is not reconized when i plug it into my computer or anything. It gets to about 3/4 way threw refresh and then just sits there. i have no clue what to do.
09-18-2007 09:13 PM
Does it eventually ever stop? If so connect it and remove the SYSTEM folder. If not, turn it to recovery mode, reload the firmwar ethem format it. Good luck
09-29-2007 06:58 PM
I had the same problem. I went to www.sandisk.com and opened an ebox in the support section. They are knowledgeable and I gaurantee they have a solution. Also they are very quick to reply to your concern. I hope you have a backup of your music. If you end up formatting all your tunes will be wiped out. Everything I have on my sansa is now on cd also. Below are the instructions they gave me.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Please do the following steps to install the firmware in your computer:
Unzip the downloaded zip file and extract the file pp5022.mi4.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Drag and Drop pp5022.mi4 from your PC to the 16MB Format folder.
6) Create a new text document, rename 'New Text Document.txt' to 'Sansa.FMT' and place 'Sansa.FMT' in the root folder of 16MB FORMAT. Be sure 'Sansa.FMT' is a FMT file and NOT a txt file. This will format the player and delete EVERYTHING if done correctly. Skip this step if you don't want to format.
7) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.