Highlighted

Blue Ring of Death?

I just purchased a refurbished e250 from Woot.com. I have charged the device for several hours, but it will not turn on. The blue ring lights up, but the screen does not come on.

I have installed all the software on my XP SP2 laptop, but I still get USB "device not recognized" when I plug it in, even while holding the Record button.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Blue Ring of Death?

I have the same problem.  I've already sent an email to woot, but if any of you have any ideas, im listening Smiley Happy

Thanks in Advance,
Felipe
SanDisk Professor

The easiest way is to get it replaced, I havent found any real solutions to it Smiley Sad
SanDisk Professor

You can use linux with the e200tool to fix it.

I tried the linux e200tool, and my e250 wouldn't even boot in manufacturing mode.

Does anyone know how Woot's warranty works on this kind of stuff?

Thanks,
Brian.

OMG!  I got mine from woot too and I'm having the same problem!  Please let me know if anyone finds a solution.  I don't have linux.

Jamie
Jamers8x2@aol.com
SanDisk User

hahahaha, note to self, dont buy from woot!

No, i dont think there are any solutions to ur problem, if u cant even get recovery mode, take it back!
reminds me of the XBOX 360 problem of late for some reason....
try wrapping your sansa in damp towels, take of the faceplates and point all the fans that you have in your house at it, rofl!

Good luck, you'll need it!

(V)3@7Y

Ok I will spend my very expensive time to help you guys Smiley Happy will work under win (command32)

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COMPUTER IS, OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POCEDURE DO NOT DO IT!!! ASK YOUR 14 YEAR OLD KID Smiley Very Happy

1. Download recover.rar from here
2. unpack the libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827.tar.gz to (example) c:\libusb
3 find e200tool.zip and unpack it to (example) c:\e200tool

lots of archives isnt it )))

DRIVER:
1. connect using manufacturing mode (hold button on + center button while connecting)
2. In device manager find unknown device under USB and update the driver. Select driver manually. Navigate to 0781-0720.inf (came with the archive) (c:\e200tool)
3. When windows promt you to install "libusb0.sys" direct it to с:\libusb\libusb-win32-device-bin-20060827\bin\
4. Start-> run -> cmd               
5 type:
cd\
cd e200tool
e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
6. windows will find another usb device so instead of "0781-0720.inf" choose 0666-E200.inf
7 disconnect player and restart it

STEP 3 (recover bootloader)
1. connect player in manufacruring mode
2. Start-> run -> cmd               
3 type:
cd\
cd e200tool
e200tool recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom
but before you hit enter press and hold record button (very important)

Step $ (firmware update)

1. connect player in recovery mode (RECOVERY MODE!!!! with record button)
2. copy PP5022.mi4 to 16 mb partition
3 restart player

OK and now If you screw it up - it is not my fault ))

SanDisk Guru

Wow, Misha.  I don't care if it works or not.  You need to take your seat up here at the front of the class.  I've bookmarked this thread in case I ever run into that problem.

Dear Misha1,

So far so good with Unbricking my e280. I hold down the Rec button and it loads the .rom file. When it's done the Sansa display reads USB cable connected. After that I'm not sure what to do to get into recovery mode. If I unplug the USB cable it displays MSD mode, and then restarts the system. But I can't get into recovery mode after that. If I press the shut down button for 15 seconds and try to start up again in recovery mode it is still bricked. As I said I can get the .rom file installed just like your steps say, but that last step $ seems to be a roadblock for me.

Thanks,

S. Stride

FYI, the Sansa Tech Support people recommended your thread to me. Seems they don't have their own "official" fix which is what I hoped for. If I can get this to work, I'll send it back for warranty repair. Shipping box standing by...