Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
akreedy

Sandisk and itunes

I have copied many of my CDs into the itunes library.  Now I can't figure out how to transfer them from itunes into my new Sandisk Sansa.  Can anyone help me?  I hate the thought of having to transfer all those CDs again directly into the Sansa.
Thanks.
SanDisk User
Bluescreen

Re: Sandisk and itunes

To sync music to the Sansa c200 you won't be able to use iTunes.  Since all of the music is already in the library you've done most of the work though.  You just need to get the music imported in to your Windows Media Player library.  Then use Windows Media Player to sync the music on to the Sansa.

If you don't want to use Windows Media Player then there are other alternatives out there.
jayspurg

I have tried to use Windows Media Player to sync the music on to the Sansa. I burned a playlist from Itunes and created a CD which I attempted to rip to Windows. However, I cannot sync the file to Sansa. And what's more, the artist information is not copying to the CD. It copies as "unknown artist".

My goal was to break the corner Apple seems to have on the market. Sansa needs to make it easier for novice computer users to accomplish this.

I am about 24 hours away from returning the Sansa and purchasing another iPod. Better help me quickley!

Jay
gaurdians1

With windows media player, you have to go and change all the file names manually...  sry.  u also need windows media player version at least 9.
SanDisk Guru
Enigma

if your that upset, you can alwyas just call tech support at 866.sandisk. Dont expect immediate results when posting on a forum.
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

Why on earth would you burn a CD from Itunes to import into Windows Media Player?
You should RIP your music in Windows Media Player then create you playlist and sync to your player..

And if you were soo keen to break the corner Apple has WHY would you then use iTune to do anything?

Sansa did make it easy for Windows Users to get and play Music IF you just use Windows Media Player 11 most of your problems would not happen..
This means using Windows Media player from start to finish..

WMP can import MP3's and info from itunes (non DMR stuff)

You do realize that the Sansa only plays MP3 and WMA files so if you riped your music in iTunes in AAC or whatever you need to convert it to MP3 or your best BET is to rip to MP3 in WMP in the 1st place.

nunca249

an easy way is if u used limewire u have it all stored if u go to my computer u should find limewire click on it then it will say saved  click onit all ur songs will apear select in edit select all then click copy these files then click on the bar above and select sansa disk go till u see music double click then paste the songs and it will import them on it if u need anymore help im at raiders101nate@aim.com
live for nothin die for something
checkout my band myspace.com/angelsholocast555
signalthree

Are you just trying to show off or are you really such a jerk?  Some of us don't know what the heck all those stupid letters mean.  It is obvious from the original post that this person is a novice, looking here for advice.  But all you can do is chastise?  If your not helping, keep your mouth shut.
NewFuze1

That really applies to me. I'm on the computer all the time, and have enjoyed my ipod a lot. but all these terms and abreviations people are using here to describe how to get my files from itunes to other programs leave wondering how to even start doing what they're talking about. I appreciate your pointing out what it takes to start and know so little. I know people are being helpful, but I'm too new to even use the help that's described here.
SanDisk Fanatic
bernz

signalthree, you are just whinging. Almost any acronym can be deciphered by a Web search, and people have never had easier access to practically ALL of the information one could ever want (barring the truth on all those conspiracy theories about NWO, etc). It's more likely that Jojo24 is a seasoned Internet user who is tired of using kid gloves with the average Internet user. Yeah, this Internet thing is cool, but I'm sorry -- if you want to play, you're going to have to learn the game, and no one is going to give you free lessons, so it's RTFM or take your licks on forums.  ;-)  I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying unless you are an emperor or something similarly grand, no one is likely to hand you stuff on a platter, silver or otherwise; complaining is pointless.

akreedy, if those tunes were ripped as non-DRM MP3s, they'll be on your system somewhere. Do a search on all local drives for "*.mp3" and you should find them. Then, if you set up your WMP correctly (version 11, as written by another user) you can use that, or (IMO, better yet) just use the player as a virtual disk drive, by setting USB mode to MSC (on Settings menu), and copy your files about as necessary. Good luck!

- - -
There's ignorant, and then there's willfully ignorant. The first is simply part of life, the second is a choice.
- - -