Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gunit10113

how do i put videos onto my sansa

how do i put videos on my sansa view
SanDisk User
Guynuir2

Re: how do i put videos onto my sansa

this has been gone over in half the threads on this sight, but....
download Any Video Converter, or Sansa Media Converter
http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
or Sansa Media Onverter (it should be on the disc that came with your View)

Using Sansa Media Converter drag and drop the file you want. connect your View and press Convert. then wait 20 years..........

Using any Video Converter drag and drop the file youy want Directly into the box that says "Getting Started"
Specs:

From the top left:

Profile: Mobile Phone MP4 Movie

From the box on the lower right:

Video Options -
Video Codec: Mpeg4
Video Size: 320x240
Video Bitrate: 512
Video Framerate: 30

Audio Options -
Audio Codec: AAC
Audio Bitrate: 192
Sample Rate: 48000
Audio Channel: 2
Disable Audio: No
A/V Sync: Basic

press Encode.
when done  click (from the right side)
Moble Phone .MP4
right click whichever one you want to put onto your View and press Open File Location leave this windo open

open your View's memory

Start----------my conputer---------sansa-------------internal memory-------------video

drag and drop the file you want on your view from the other window.
justinmoss81

ahsankhan123

Question: i converted a movie on to my sansa view( took friggin 4 and a half hour :smileysad: ) and when i unplugged my sansa view and tried to watch the movie i only heard the audio but the video didn't play. Does anyone know what to do or if i did anything wrong?:smileyfrustrated: Please help if you know.

Also reply to gunit10113- you have to download the smc( sansa media converter ) then when u plug in your sansa a window will pop up and an option will be to convert using the smc. click on it then import whatever you want to convert and let it convert and transfer onto your sansa.

SanDisk Senior User
sansamatt

[ Edited ]

ahsankhan123 wrote:

Question: i converted a movie on to my sansa view( took friggin 4 and a half hour :smileysad: ) and when i unplugged my sansa view and tried to watch the movie i only heard the audio but the video didn't play. Does anyone know what to do or if i did anything wrong?:smileyfrustrated: Please help if you know.

FWIW...I have a library of about 100 movies in XVID format...most are 500MB (for use on an Archos media player).  If I drop one of those into Any Video Converter, using the settings suggested in this forum, it takes about 20 minutes to create an MP4 (they are about the same size as the XVIDs in AVI containers) and every single one has played perfectly on the View.  BTW, the originals include ripped DVDs, recordings from a DVR, and downloaded XVIDs.  All of them convert fine with AVC.

Given all the bad press I've seen, I wouldn't touch Sansa's converter if my life depended on it.

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 11-21-2008 07:09 PM
ahsankhan123

Thanks sansamatt im going to try right now.. hopefully it works
SanDisk Senior User
sansamatt

Good luck!  And keep us posted...
ahsankhan123

Yeah, first i downloaded the converter that you listed previously and when i put it onto my sansa it said tht the sansa could not read the file. After my sansa froze when i selected the format option in the sansa. Then i had to call the techinal support people and they gave me directions to un-freeze my sansa.after that i used the SMC [ Converted 2 videos, took 10 hours ] but now everything works all i need is to find out either how to speed up the SMC wich is probably not going to happen or just find another converter wich can convert videos at a faster rate and to a proper file wich is supported by the sansa view. Although things didn't happen as planned it still worked out. thanks for your help anyways.
BenitaT

Guynuir2 thank you SO much for this easy step by step process.  It totally worked and in just alittle less than an hour (for a short Scooby video.)  I have been all over different sites, and have downloaded no less than 7 applications and nothing seemed to work.  I would get movies with video and no sound, or no video but sound, or couldn't convert with SMC because it said my codec files were wrong or corrupted, etc.  And all that would take HOURS - literally 3 days have been spent trying to get this to work on one movie.

The whole reason I got the View was because all the reviews raved about it's picture and I was *this* close to just buying my son an ipod nano and using this for music only.  But now my kid is happily watching his movies, and you have saved me from going bald from ripping my hair out.  Thanks!

Now if someone can tell me why I can't seem to shrink Disney movies, I'll be a happy camper....

Lubslimegreen

Can someone tell me how to find movies to put onto my Sansa View?? I just received it for Christmas and all this mp3 stuff is new to me.

Thanks!!!!!