vabchcaraudioma

how can i transfer my itunes library to my sansa view

I am having trouble transfering songs to my view from my itunes library! The sales person assured me at Radio Shack that I could easily transfer songs from i tunes to this device .I even brought my laptop up to the Radio Shack store to the same sales person and the manager of the store could not ever figure it out?????? Does sansa even care about this issue????  or do they want everyone to keep buying ipods?? And what makes things even worse they wont take it back even thogh i have all original packaging and reciept and even purchased the extended two year sevvice plan .Now im stuck with a device i can't use or transfer any of my existing music to.can someone help me with this issue??
SanDisk Professor
Apix

Re: how can i transfer my itunes library to my sansa view

K, first off, Itunes is like one of a very short list of syncing software that Sansa products will not work with, but Itunes was made specifically for Ipod, so that shouldn't be a surprise...

Second, Itunes has the ability to convert the AAC files (although the View can play m4a just fine) into mp3 if you so wish. All you have to do, is use a different program (gasp) like Windows Media Player or something if you want to have software sync the music over... If not, just drag and drop the songs to the player and put them in the Music folder, although this will not ensure that the ID3 tags and Art get transferred  properly.

And i'd imagine that Sandisk really doesn't mind too much if their players wont work with their competitors ONLY software. That's one of the things that make Sansa players better than an Itard, they have the ability to use many different programs to sync music. 

Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
SanDisk User
kaptinvimes

Never take advice from a Radio Shack 'salesman' :smileysad:
Ediva75

Wow I feel sorry for you.  Especially if you have great music or a massive music collection that it is time consuming to situate another way.  Unfortunately IPOD is it's own lil monster and everything related to it is for it and that's it.  No interferance with any other MP3 players.  Good luck searching around for how to transfer.
SanDisk User
iSeriesGuy

I just selected a group of songs in iTunes, did a right click and converted to mp3.  I did this until all songs converted.

From there I copied all mp3's to a seperate folder.

SanDisk Professor
Apix

yup, that's pretty much the best way to do it if you're using Itunes. I've done that on occasion... then i just got rid of Itunes completely since it.. well i'll be nice.. "isn't very good"
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
SanDisk User
MusicLover7

iTunes is a wonderful program... if you have an iPod. I'm one of the few members in my family who doesn't, I don't like iPods personally. The idea of one company and one device being compatible with only one thing just doesn't seem like a good one. I wouldn't recommend getting rid of iTunes, though, becuase it's great for CD burning, playlist creating, and purchasing tracks. If you have Rhapsody, this is the easiest way <from what I've tried so far> to transfer music to your player. You can simply drag and drop your music from iTunes there, and then to the player. If your Getting Started window pops up when you load Rhapsody, you can select to upload your entire iTunes library to Rhapsody from there. You can convert tracks from AAC to WMA or MP3 or whatever from Rhapsody as well, I forget how to do that at the moment, tho. Surprisingly, I do actually hate Rhapsody, however, due to the frequent malfunctions it has on my computer and it freezes up a lot. I still use it, tho cuz I can transfer 788 songs to my View in 7.5 minutes. ^_^
SanDisk User
The_1nOnly

[ Edited ]
Try doing this. Plug your Sansa View in MCS mode. Start Itunes. Select the songs you wish to transfer to the View. Goto "My Computer" and double click on the Sansa View and open the "Music folder". Now simply drag and drop the tracks you have selected to your Sansa View device. This works ALL the time. Let me know how it goes. You can do this for ALL San Disk Sansa devices.
Message Edited by The_1nOnly on 05-27-2008 02:29 PM
Dodgesm

I was able to transfer my iTunes to my View by (without having it plugged into your computer) going to the "more" selection from "home" then go to settings/options, then system settings, then USB mode, then select MSC instead of auto detect.  Then plug it into your computer.  Go to My Computer and select the Sansa View and then Internal Memory.  Then select the music folder.  select songs from iTunes (or playlists) and drag and drop them into the Music folder.  When you're done just right click back on the Sansa View in the My Computer menu and click on eject and disconnect your device.  It worked like a charm and was very simple!
SanDisk User
Oldtimer123

Yes don't listen to a Radioshack salesman.  You can use a shareware version of MediaMonkey to find and import your tunes not the information.  Itunes makes it difficult to get away from Apple feels the tunes are THEIRS not YOURS.  I dissagree.  Have MM find the tunes for you on your computer.  It will also sync for you instead of using drag and drop.  That tends to screw up the Sansa.  MM will add the what it can to its database.  From then on your ratings etc will be added to the music so it will go with the music.