Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
joraelliott

Windows Vista does not find Sansa View

My Sansa View is not found on my new computer with Windows Vista.  When I move it to the computer with Windows XP everything works fine.  My Windows XP computer does not have internet therefore I can not download music on that computer.  I called customer support and they instructed me to download a file.  I downloaded the file they sent me and my Windows Vista computer still does not find the Sansa View. The Sansa View says Connected but the computer does not see it.  Any suggestions??:smileyindifferent:
apiemom

Re: Windows Vista does not find Sansa View

We had the same problem and after talking to 5 different people at tech support, we finally got an answer.  Go to the main page http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=view and click on the [Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download.

Download and install the firmware.  After all that is complete you need to go to system settings on the View and select USB Mode.  Select MSC and your Vista computer should recognize it.  

The problem you run into after that is that Rhapsody will not work with the View.  If Rhapsody is already running when I connect my View it never shows up.  If I start Rhapsody afterward, it (Rhapsody) freezes up.  We're still working on this one.

SanDisk Guru
drlucky

you have to use MTP mode with rhapsody. MTP mode allow the syncing of DRM licenses. MSC mode does not support DRM content. 

if you dont have it make sure you update vista to service pack 1. that may resolve your issue. 

apiemom

We already have service pack 1 installed, have done the MTP Porting Kit and everything else suggested by Sansa.  Player works fine with Windows Media Player and WinAmp.
SanDisk User
gwoodard

For what it is worth, I recently had to RMA my View. When I received the replacement, I connected it to my computer - which is Vista machine which I recently updated to SP1. The computer had trouble with the View. The new View had the previous firmware installed.

I disconnected the View, forced MSC mode, reconnected, allowed my computer to install the MSC drivers, loaded the newest firmware in the root directly, unplugged the View and allowed it to update. I then reconnected the View, my computer installed it, and it was recognized as an MTP device, a View, and it has worked well. I have noticed that the connection can sometimes be a little flakey, but disconnecting and reconnecting fixes that.

I have had several problems with the View over the time I have had it. I am hopeful that with Vista SP1 and the newest firmware, all will be well.

Greg

e30nate

i downloaded the new firmware update, and i tried to turn it to msc mode, but there was no option for it. is there anyway to manually turn on msc? my player still doesnt work with vista, but works perfectly on xp.