cme1017

WMP 10 and Sansa view does not work for playlists

I just got a new laptop and I am using Windows XP with WMP10.  When I try to sync a new playlist to my Sansa View, I get an error message on WMP "Windows Media Player cannot synchronize the file. The Player might not support the file type".  Also, when I go to My Computer and click on the Sansa View, it doesn't even list the playlists that are already on the View.
SanDisk User
DirePenguin

Re: WMP 10 and Sansa view does not work for playlists

cme1017 wrote:
I just got a new laptop and I am using Windows XP with WMP10.  When I try to sync a new playlist to my Sansa View, I get an error message on WMP "Windows Media Player cannot synchronize the file. The Player might not support the file type".  Also, when I go to My Computer and click on the Sansa View, it doesn't even list the playlists that are already on the View.

Do you mean Playlists right in WMP?  You can't just drag them to the Sync window and click the Start Sync button?

Or, are the playlists some sort of "file"-based playlist that you imported into WMP?  The view doesn't seem to be compatible (in MTP mode) with anything but ".pla" playlists which seem to be created when you sync a WMP-created playlist.

You can also use WinAMP to create playlists right on the View ... it's actually a lot more convenient.

And, you should also be able to create playlists by opening the Music folder in the View, selecting files, right-clicking and selecting Create Playlist.

cme1017

Re: WMP 10 and Sansa view does not work for playlists

I can't sync a playlist from WMP to Sansa View - I get the error message "Windows Media Player cannot synchronize the file. The Player might not support the file type", which is not true - they are all MP3.  Also, when I go to Sansa on "My Computer" nothing is listed there.  I tried WinAMP and it would recognize the Sansa View and then immediately not recognize it, then recognize it again, and not recognize it again and again - could do anything.  Now on the Sansa View itself, all my old playlists are gone - the only one listed is the one I was trying to sync from WMP and WinAMP.  Sansa recommends formatting the whole thing, but if I can't transfer stuff I don't want to lose what I already have.