crochat

Video output

Could someone who has a sansa view and a jack type AV cable try to connect it to a TV after changing Setting/Display to TV? It would be interesting to know if the video out capability is already activable and if the video out is by the jack connector.

Thanks,

crochat   
ziesemer

Re: Video output

I have an adapter cable that I use with a Sony camcorder.  It looks just like a standard 1/8" stereo headphone jack, but has one extra ring along the sleeve, which allows for audio (L+R), video, and ground.

I tried plugging this in, but didn't get any video signal off of either of the 3 RCA connectors.  (Tried both audio, in case it was a non-standard pin configuration.)

As far as I can tell, the only settings under Setting/Display are NTSC/PAL.  I see an "LCD" setting there, but it doesn't appear to be adjustable.

I'm not even sure that the View supports video output, and if so, if it is capable of being output through the headphone jack, or if a special dock connector is needed.
crochat

As I understand display settings are:

LCD: display video on the View
PAL: send video through output in PAL standard
NTSC: send video through output in NTSC standard

If display is set to something else than LCD, I suppose the video is no more diplayed on the View screen.

Crochat
SanDisk Guru
drlucky

there will be a cable released that will have the 30 pin to some sort of AV connection however it is not availible at the moment.
SanDisk User
uansari1

We've got a member at abi that was able to get video out to work by making his own cable. :smileywink:
Heathkit

If you get sound but a clap board symbol on the display instead of video - check that you didn't leave it with the LCD off.
SanDisk User

"there will be a cable released that will have the 30 pin to some sort of AV connection however it is not availible at the moment."

Not true.  They are all over eBay.  They are not available through SanDisk or their partners, but they are available.
SanDisk User
santod

[ Edited ]
Got mine yesterday, works great, or as good as I expected anyway. Video, photos and music all play through TV. Blank screen with music, just sound.

Message Edited by santod on 12-13-2007 05:09 PM
SanDisk Fanatic
randyjjtcc

Ordered mine on Ebay about a hour ago...  Can't wait to get it !  I'll let you know how it turns out!
SanDisk Fanatic
randyjjtcc

I just got the bundle kit - and its great!  FTI - The screen cover is made for the View, and its the high quality type. Super thin, clear, waterproof, etc...
It also came with the TV/AV cable, and man, the videos looks very nice on the screen.  How ever it looks on the Vuew, it looks exactly the same on the TV screen.
It also came with an extra sync/charging cable. (WIth locking side pins.)  Plus a wall and car charger/adapter.  A lanyard, and two VERY HIGH QUALITY silicon cases. (One black & one white.)  26.00 to my dooor with insurance, you can beat it.