Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
LWKING

Screen went black

I turned off my player like I usually do, but the next time I turned it on, only the scroll wheel lights up. The screen doesn't light up anymore. I tried letting it sit, letting the battery die, recharging it, turning it off and on, and nothing seems to work.

Riveroll

Re: Screen went black

This is the same thing mine is doing though I think mine is due to it being turned off in the middle of a firmware update. I have yet to get any help from other people on this forum or from tech support as to rather it can be fixed. I'm hoping so seeing as how they're not cheap and mine is rather new.
SanDisk Senior User
cccInitiate

[ Edited ]
does it connect to the computer still? if not, you may have wrecked the lcd, which is not covered in the warranty. but if it does connect, then theres still hope, try reloading firmware, and when shutting off the view, hold the power off button until the blue ring flashes again.
Message Edited by cccInitiate on 12-02-2008 05:23 PM
bigbadbowtie

I order a Refurbed 16 GB view and it showed up with a black Screen. I can access the files view My PC but no LCD. I have updated the FW to latest and still no go. The bad thing is the company I bought from will not replace it. They are making me go through Sansa. I have yet to hear back from Tech Support. Seems like the Black screen issue is wide spread.
SanDisk Senior User
cccInitiate

yes, its looking like a problem in the LCD, sandisk gets lcds from samsung, but some of the new ones might be from toshiba, since they struck a deal, try checking out the help and tech info over at their web sites, you never know whatmight come up
LWKING

Yeah mine is pretty new too. I got it in August. It doesn't connect to the computer and I didn't take it out in the middle of a firmware update. The whole, "put it in hold and hold down the left trigger before you connect it" thing didn't work for me.  I just turned it off, turned it back on, and the screen didn't light up :/. I don't know why, it just did. I ended up getting a Fuze for a temporary mp3 on black friday, and it functions WAY better than the View. I would rather have the View though.

linv5800

i got my 8gig view 16 days ago and my screen went black last night .

took it back to walmart and used the " its only 1 day past the 15 return "

and they let me exchange it ... i was lucky . this seems like a problem with

alot of these . but i still like it pretty well .