Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk User
Jake

Sansa View Firmware Update 01.00.03 Download

[ Edited ]
EDIT:

This firmware is updated to a new one, please see the new thread.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&thread.id=851

Message Edited by ekaj on 11-27-2007 03:18 PM
Jake
SanDisk Guru
drlucky

Re: Sansa View Firmware Update 01.00.03 Download

wow thanks jake! this should save alot of time.
SanDisk User
uansari1

I'm interested to know if anyone else has the same problem I had with this update, so please post your findings.

I like seeing my album art in the music list... that preview is added to video's after this update.  It caused my View to lock up or restart about 9 of 10 times when I would scroll through my video's.

Also, please post up if you notice any other changes/improvements other than the video preview... I did not, but I could have missed them.
SanDisk User
ahall1983

Yeah I have the same problem on the video previews. Also sometimes the controls will stop responding while a video is playing with the new firmware too. I think this may be why they hadn't pushed it on the updater yet perhaps? I dunno.
ryker25

I installed this firmware, just a few notes. I am unfamiliar with the file structure, but I use Rhapsody. WIth my view I had to copy the files into the Data folder. Would not let me copy to the root folder, I did this and the update proceeded fine.

I am still having video issues with the playback of videos converted using the sandisk media converter, freezes after about 5min and then when you exit and then resume playback it works but the audio is not sync'd to the video.

One very pleasant surprise is that now the device works with the Altec Lansing iM413 music dock. I had the dock for my old r200 and tried the View because it is the same connector and the speakers worked, but none of the controls worked. After the update everything on it works fine except that you have to hold down the pause button for 2-3 seconds for it to actually pause. But at least I can move forware and backward now.

I believe this firmware update was most likely to add in some backwards compatibility between the View and other sansa models that use the same dock.
ziesemer

ekaj - You've accomplished what the official SanDisk support has been unable to do for me across over a week, several calls, and online support tickets.  According to them, the "Automatic Updater" should apparently "just work", which it clearly doesn't.

Too bad this firmware update still doesn't really fix any number of the ongoing issues being repeatedly discussed within this forum and elsewhere.  I regret that I just returned my 16GB View to Best Buy earlier this evening.

See the other thread at http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&thread.id=63 for the details of my experience and other details...
Stevenator65

Thanks for the download link, Jake!
Stevenator65

I loaded the files for the update into the data folder but after I unplugged it from the computer and waited for the data refresh, nothing changed.  I still have the original firmware.

Here is a photo of my file system.  Before I plugged the View into my computer, I put it on hold, then pressed down the left button.
SanDisk Guru
Enigma

root directory, not the data folder.
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

Can someone tell me where my root directory/folder is?  I have looked in all the files in my sansa view folder and I can't find one that is called root or data or anything. 

Thank you,

Ada