Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cscharff

Power Saver vs. Sleep timer

I just got a View..Cool unit but I need a timer to shut it off (or go into deep sleep) after 15 min. I don't want to send it back, The Manuel says it will shut down, and the other posts say if you update to 01.03.02a it fixes the problem...but it don't for me.  Anyone have any luck getting it to shut down while it is playing? If so please share the secret.. Thanks,
SanDisk User
themole

Re: Power Saver vs. Sleep timer

cscharff wrote:
I just got a View..Cool unit but I need a timer to shut it off (or go into deep sleep) after 15 min. I don't want to send it back, The Manuel says it will shut down, and the other posts say if you update to 01.03.02a it fixes the problem...but it don't for me.  Anyone have any luck getting it to shut down while it is playing? If so please share the secret.. Thanks,

Not sure what you're asking here. Why would you want it to shut down if you're playing something? In version 1.03.02, in the Power Saver settings, you can select the time it takes the player to shut down when it's not being used. It does work, at least on mine it does. It might not work if you have it's set to display the screen continually. (Never tried that).

If you just want to stop the playback, I can't help you there as I haven't figured that one out myself yet, other than just turning the unit off.

cscharff

I like to listen to old radio mp3s and somtimes will fall asleep, I want to set the timer to go off to A: save my place in the story, B: save the battery. Thats why I want it to go off no matter whats being played.
SanDisk Fanatic
randyjjtcc

Update to the lastest firmware...

Then look under, "MORE", then "SETTINGS/OPTIONS", then "SYSTEM SETTINGS", then "POWER SAVER."  It will then ask you to shut down in ____ amount of minutes.  You can guess the rest....   Just make sure that your "BACKLIGHT" is not set to "ALWAYS ON".

Hope this helps...

Good Luck !! 

cscharff

Well, I updated to 1.03.02a, entered MORE>SETTINGS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>POWER>SHUT DOWN IN 5 MIN AND PUSHED THE CENTER BUTTON...still wont turn off while the music is playing. It says it will do in the manual, I read it before I purchased it.

Think should I try the 1.03.02 F software?

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

The Power Saver function shuts down the player after it sits paused for the preset interval.  The power saver will not activate if Repeat is on (the player keeps playing), or if Shuffle is on (the player keeps loading another music file).

You can load a playlist, or a single album, to give the player a desired play time before going into the power saver mode.

What's really desired here is a true Sleep Timer function like the Sansa Clip has.

Don't feel bad, as the e200 and Fuze both are missing a sleep timer too.

Bob  :smileysad: