Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ellymae

Player not showing up in My Computer - Please Help!!

According to the user manual, the player is supposed to show up in My Computer as a portable media player.  Its not there.  When I plug it into the USB, the View shows "Connected" and it charges.  A icon down in my system tray says "installing MTP device" and then tells me it installed correctly.  But its still not there.  I even installed the Rhapsody CD hoping that would help.  Nothing!  Can someone please tell me what to do?  Support has not responded as of yet and I would really like to use the player.  Thanks!
SanDisk User
mr_sansative

Re: Player not showing up in My Computer - Please Help!!

It's the same way for me. It never even tried to install it as a MTP device. It's just MSC (the old interface where it's treated like a flash thumb drive or something). All the Rhapsody cd does is install Rhapsody. It doesn't have drivers for the View. The View isn't supposed to need them. Do you have Windows Media Player (WMP) 11? That is supposed to make even a XP pc handle MTP protocols. Vista (if you have it) is supposed to have native MTP support (but mine is being weird). At the very leasy, to get it to show up in explorer, hold the left side of the wheel down and locking the power button while plugging it in and wait for it to show up. That tells the VIew to use MSC mode and you can at least drag and drop then. I can even get WMP 11 to sync with it, but only in MSC mode and it should see it in MTP too.

Good luck!
idbl_fanatic

ellymae,

I have a possible fix, I just PM'd you, but you will need to email me, as the board will not let me send it to you.
preloj04

I was having the same problem, i tried several things to no avail.  Then I installed the latest version of Windows Media Player (v 11) and it solved the problem for me.  I suggest you give that a try before you try anything else.

SanDisk User
kevin02454

lance505

I'm having the same problem.  I left for vacation and turned off my computer on Friday 12/27.  I just got back, turned it on and I get an error message saying that I've attached an unsupported device.  Same computer, same software, same device.  Go figure.  The device does charge from the USB cable so I know it's getting a clean connection but even Media Player 11 doesn't see my View.  Anybody out there with a fix for this yet?
sixpack583

I tried One of Sansas Sugestions linked from above, and When I "Updated" my driver in device managers, it asked for me to insert my install cd, which i managed to find, and after about 3 minutes, Ta da. Sansa View Showed up and it was all better.

sixpack583

I also used the usb port in the back of my PC versus the front, this ensures you have all the nessicary power to do whatever you need to do with a portable device.
axman101

I am having the same problem with Windows 7????? When are they going to get a driver or this problem?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

You might try running Win 7 in XP compatibility mode, or simply using MSC mode on the player instead of MTP. MTP mode is only needed if you're using subsrciption services (such as CRhapsody) or any other DRM-crippled files.