Reply
Newbie
julialll2009
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-02-2008
0

My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

[ Edited ]

I just got a new Fuze. I used both way of direct copy .mp4 files from PC and Fuze and also used Sansa converter to conveter the file to Fuze. But either I can see the files exist in video folder in Fuze from PC. But it does not appear in Fuze in the video folder. The file size is not big, it is less than 10MB.

 

So I have to convert the file to 3gp. It finally appeared in Fuze. But the sound quality was terriable.

 

I thought Fuze support .mp4 format. Would anyone know?

Message Edited by julialll2009 on 12-02-2008 01:43 PM
SanDisk Senior User
cccInitiate
Posts: 156
Registered: ‎05-19-2008
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

i think that maybe the video codec is off, i have a view, so im not entriely sure, but i had a similar problem, so i used the suggested settings for any video converter to adjust the .mp4 file, but then the sound was off, try resetting to factory defaults, and reloading firmware.
SanDisk Guru
drlucky
Posts: 2,866
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?


julialll2009 wrote:

I just got a new Fuze. I used both way of direct copy .mp4 files from PC and Fuze and also used Sansa converter to conveter the file to Fuze. But either I can see the files exist in video folder in Fuze from PC. But it does not appear in Fuze in the video folder. The file size is not big, it is less than 10MB.

 

So I have to convert the file to 3gp. It finally appeared in Fuze. But the sound quality was terriable.

 

I thought Fuze support .mp4 format. Would anyone know?

Message Edited by julialll2009 on 12-02-2008 01:43 PM

 

all videos for the Fuze must be converted through the SMC. fuze does not support drag and drop video like the View
SanDisk Senior User
cccInitiate
Posts: 156
Registered: ‎05-19-2008
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

it doesn't support drag and drop? guess i wont be getting one of them anytime soon
SanDisk Guru
drlucky
Posts: 2,866
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?


cccInitiate wrote:
it doesn't support drag and drop? guess i wont be getting one of them anytime soon

 

you can drag and drop the converted video if you want to but that is an extra step considering the SMC will automatically transfer the vid to the sansa for you. sorry for the confusion what i was trying to say is that all videos have to be converted through the sansa media converter before they will work on the fuze.
SanDisk Senior User
sansamatt
Posts: 119
Registered: ‎08-14-2008
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?


drlucky wrote:
you can drag and drop the converted video if you want to but that is an extra step considering the SMC will automatically transfer the vid to the sansa for you. sorry for the confusion what i was trying to say is that all videos have to be converted through the sansa media converter before they will work on the fuze.

I would normally defer to someone with dr in their screen-name...over 700 posts...rank of professor.  But I just read a review on the View at Amazon yesterday that made the same claim, i.e., that the only way to convert videos for the View is with the SMC.  I guess...until I have my own Fuze, I'll have to remain skeptical...  If AVC works with the View, I'd be hard-pressed to explain why it wouldn't work with the Fuze.  But then again, we already know that the firmware on one Sansa device may not have much in common with the firmware on another...

 

-Matt

Newbie
asheeshdhupper
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-15-2008
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

Please use SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER Latest version. 100% Working and is the best software for Sandisk Fuze.   :smileyhappy:

 

SanDisk User
CraigP
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

Ummmm...  this is the View forum ...  I think...
Newbie
rytmus
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-29-2010
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

proc mi njdou videa

Newbie
mario_951234567
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-03-2011
0

Re: My Sansa Fuze did not see and play MP4 format video, would anyone know why?

nno puuedo ver videos en mi equipo de sansa fuze