Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sansempid

Media Converter crashes

Every time I try to convert an avi file, Sansa Media Converter crashes.  What's going on?
SanDisk User
kyngoflyonz

Re: Media Converter crashes

i would get the rhapsody player. It Came with My VIEW 8GB, but that's because if you purchase the view from Best Buy, you also get a month free of Rhapsody/BestBuy Music service. The packaging is also different, thats why ive been telling other people that i think if you purchase the view from Best Buy you get a better version (less Bugs/problems).
SanDisk User
Lowjack

[ Edited ]
Whats your system Specs? What are you converting to? .mov or MPEG4???

Message Edited by Lowjack on 11-18-2007 06:40 AM
SanDisk User
jcollins

Crashes for me as well.  Haven't had a chance to dig around with it much.
SanDisk Professor
Apix

You guys can always try the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name) It can be downloaded at Any-video-converter.com
It's completely free, easy to use, and works great. (it's really fast too) Make sure to make the output Mp4!!!!!
Just change your Video Resolution to 320x240 and 30 frames/sec

Full specs that I use are
Rez: 320x240
FPS:30
Video Bitrate: 384
Audio Bitrate: 128Kbps
Audio Samplerate: 44100
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
jetcat

Hi,
I found that my first movie in the list completed the conversion, but my next 3 in the list never made it. Since I was running it unattended, I don't know if my second file was a problem or that the converter crashed after the first movie. Mind you the first movie was a 700mb divx file so CPU and memory was probably an issue. I wouldn't try the converter on a weak machine with inadequate memory. I found this applies in general when working with video data and using tools to convert or edit. The tools are major cpu and memory hogs.

SanDisk User
ahall1983

Yeah I still haven't fixed my SMC crashes I think my old post is still floating around this board somewhere. Tech support couldn't figure it out either, for now I'm using Any Video Converter and it's fine, but I'd still like to see the official one work.
tonyh

Any Video Converter works fine for me too.  The Sansa Video Converter worked for my photos but crashed completely for my videos.  Thanks to whomever suggested it.
SanDisk User
Kevin_Luong

[ Edited ]
There is a bug for Sansa Media Converter for crashing when trying to convert a .avi file. Sandisk is already fix it and a new SMC will be comming out soon.

Message Edited by Kevin_Luong on 11-21-2007 08:49 PM
kdbrewer

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem, I've tried reinstalling no Joy. (I am running XP SP2)
It also crashes when I try to convert pictures, and or AVI's .  The older version worked fine, anyone have a copy around?

Message Edited by kdbrewer on 12-06-2007 03:15 PM