[v0.6] video4fuze

@coachtds wrote:
It is possible that it is DRM-protected (I’m not sure what that means). It is a digital copy. 

I didn’t hope it to be an analog copy :slight_smile:

Saying it’s adigital copy, are you meaning you ripped it yourself? If you used Windows media player it may have DRM activated by default.

What’s DRM?

It came from a disc specifically to install the digital copy. It came with the purchase of the movie dvd, with an activation code for windows media player, but the fuze won’t play the file.

@coachtds wrote:
It came from a disc specifically to install the digital copy. It came with the purchase of the movie dvd, with an activation code for windows media player, but the fuze won’t play the file.

Then it’s probably DRM-protected. If you want to convert it tobe able to play it on your fuze, you’ll have to get rid of the DRM. Getting back your freedom to do whatever you want with your files is illegal in some countries, like the US, so check your local laws in order to see if you’re allowed to do so.

Hello, Just wanted to say great job to everyone for making video4fuze.  I have a toughbook running win2k and have spent quite a bit of time using this forum and all the information I have gathered here and several other sites (but mainly this one) trying to convert videos for my fuze.  I am no programmer. I spent my time in school and beyond learning lefty loosey right tighty and getting my hands dirty, so needless to say I have given up trying to get anything to work on win2k (even the 3rd party stuff hasn’t worked). That being said…I borrowed my brothers laptop and installed video4fuze on it. Can I say WOW! converted 3 full length movies and several vids from youtube in no time.  It’s performance has almost made me willing to upgrade to a new os. Almost (still too comfortable with what I got to give it up). Now I’m off to collect more movies and download more vids…my brother may have to start charging me to use this thing…

Thanks again.

@tinman777 wrote:

Hello, Just wanted to say great job to everyone for making video4fuze.  I have a toughbook running win2k and have spent quite a bit of time using this forum and all the information I have gathered here and several other sites (but mainly this one) trying to convert videos for my fuze.  I am no programmer. I spent my time in school and beyond learning lefty loosey right tighty and getting my hands dirty, so needless to say I have given up trying to get anything to work on win2k (even the 3rd party stuff hasn’t worked). That being said…I borrowed my brothers laptop and installed video4fuze on it. Can I say WOW! converted 3 full length movies and several vids from youtube in no time.  It’s performance has almost made me willing to upgrade to a new os. Almost (still too comfortable with what I got to give it up). Now I’m off to collect more movies and download more vids…my brother may have to start charging me to use this thing…

Thanks again.

You can always try ubuntu on your computer (it’s free). You don’t even need to uninstall win2k, you can have both installed in the same computer, use win2k for whatever you can still use it for, and ubuntu for things you can’t do with win2k.

You can even run you win2k installation from ubuntu… but that’s a more advanced topic.

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

Command prompt window pops up that shows:

C:\Program Files\video4fuze\mencoder.exe  

MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r30521 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team  
3DNow supported but disabled  
3DNowExt supported but disabled

then an error window:

mencoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  
Debug-Send Error Report - Don't Send

And finally, when I click ‘Don’t Send’, the following error windows pops up:

An error has ocurred: Command'[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'C:\\001\\fh2.avi','-o', 'c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi']'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

Message Edited by Gononda on 07-11-2010 02:22 AM

I installed video4fuze using the video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe, but the following occurs when I try to convert a video file (on Windows XP SP 2):

then an error window:

An error has ocurred: Command'[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'C:\\001\\fh2.avi','-o', 'c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi']'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

Message Edited by Gononda on 07-11-2010 02:22 AM

then an error window:

Gononda wrote:

then an error window:

Debug-Send Error Report - Don’t Send

An error has ocurred: Command’[u’mencoder’, u’-msglevel’, u’all=0:statusline=5’, u’ofps’, u’20’, u’-ovc’, u’lavc’, u’-lavcopts’, u’vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15’, u’-vf’, u’field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup’, u’-srate’, u’44100’, u’-af’, u’resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le’, u’-oac’, u’mp3lame’, u’-lameopts’, u’cbr:br=128’, ‘C:\\001\\fh2.avi’,‘-o’, ‘c:\\docume~1\\default\\locals~1\\temp\\fh2.temp.avi’]'returned non-zero exit status -1073741795

mencoder isn’t working for you… that’s strange. Try reinstalling video4fuze, and it that still doesn’t work, try to replace the mencoder.exe file under Program files/video4fuze with a different one (google for one).

Thanks ssorgatem, that did the trick. I downloaded another version of mencoder.exe which I found on the following website:

Their mencoder.exe is also much smaller than the one that was included in your install: 5.57MB as opposed to of 13.4MB.

I only got one small error in the command prompt window while the program was busy converting, but it did not affect the process:

MEncoder git-20100211-1-g1c6846f-Kovensky-mt (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file 0mb A-V:0.000 [0:0]

<p>Thanks ssorgatem, that did the trick. I downloaded another version of mencoder.exe which I found on the following website:<br />project357.com - This website is for sale! - project357 Resources and Information.<br /><br />Their mencoder.exe is also much smaller than the one that was included in your install: 5.57MB as opposed to 13.4MB.<br /><br />I only got one small error in the command prompt window while the program was busy converting, but it did not affect the process:</p><p> </p><p> </p><pre><p>MEncoder git-20100211-1-g1c6846f-Kovensky-mt (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team<br />Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file 0mb  A-V:0.000 [0:0]</p></pre><p> </p> <p> </p>

Thanks ssorgatem, that did the trick. I downloaded another version of mencoder.exe which I found on the following website:

Their mencoder.exe is also much smaller than the one that was included in your install: 5.57MB as opposed to of 13.4MB.

I only got one small error in the command prompt window while the program was busy converting, but it did not affect the process:

MEncoder git-20100211-1-g1c6846f-Kovensky-mt (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team  
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file 0mb A-V:0.000 [0:0]

Their mencoder.exe is also much smaller than the one that was included in your install: 5.57MB as opposed to 13.4MB.

Their mencoder.exe is also much smaller than the one that was included in your install: 5.57MB as opposed to 13.4MB. And the encoded video played perfectly on my Sansa Fuze.

Sharp gui! 

I’m running Fedora 11, and when I tried to convert a 30 minute video from the command line or the gui (btw thanks for including that great command line utility of the library) mencoder just runs for much too long; (on my netbook granted) I’ve left it for up to 24 hours.  I decided to play around with the mencode command being used, which was this:

mencoder -ofps 20 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15 -vf field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup -srate 44100 -af resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 /media/Expansion\ Drive/media/SourceFile.avi  -o /tmp/temp.avi 

plus the -msglevel options, which I turned off to see obvious progress.

When I play around with mencoder doing the same conversion, I find that removing

resample=44100:0:1

from the option 

-af resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le 

makes the encoding progress as normal.  In fact, I can’t find any combination of parameters for the resample option.

Anyone have ideas? Think this is a problem with my setup, or something to address in the code?  Also, I assume this is an important thing to set for my fuse to play the file; that the default won’t suffice?  Thanks!

Video information from ffmpeg: 

Duration: 00:21:40.87, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1129 kb/s

Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 624x352 [PAR 1:1 DAR 39:22], 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 23.98 tbc

Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s

Well, the same file works fine in Windows. (thanks for bundling everything in one installation exe!)  I’ll check back in if I figure out a solution to my linux file conversion problem - but if I haven’t posted in a day or two, then updating mencoder won’t have worked. 

@thomasballinger wrote:
Well, the same file works fine in Windows. (thanks for bundling everything in one installation exe!)  I’ll check back in if I figure out a solution to my linux file conversion problem - but if I haven’t posted in a day or two, then updating mencoder won’t have worked. 

It seems to be an issue with mencoder. If updating it doesn’t work, try with a binary mencoder from a different distro (like debian, extracting it from the package, maybe). It may be a distro-specific problem also (though I find it unlikely).Does it happen the same with all files, or only with that one?

mencoder (MPlayer SVN-r31918) from debian works fine here, as a reference.

None of the videos I transfer to the fuze work, either with video4fuze or that just were made with video4fuze and that I then transferred manually. The fuze says “unsupported format” when I try to play them. Image files transfer and work fine.

I don’t know what other information to provide. The file and the thumbnail seem to be made correctly with v4f. I can view the video and the thumbnail, and the video is reduced in size. So it appears to convert.

>> edit: after updating my system this morning, video4fuze won’t start. The message says:

$ video4fuze File "video4fuze.pyw", line 43 print sys.argv ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I’m using Arch linux current and it appears that v4f is version 0.6.

p.s. you might want to check the link in the old thread. When I tried to follow it, it went to a blank page and said “Node 0 not found.” The link in the first post of this thread to the old one does the same thing, for me anyway. I guess they changed the address format of the forums.

Which version of python are you using? Maybe 3.x?

I try to convert my step brothers download, but when the command prompt looking window opens it says disabled. and then the error report screen pops up, and then another little error pops up, and then i cant do anything to the video4fuze window…Help?