updated scrolling

This might be  a dumb question. I noticed that it is mentioned that one of the updates in the f/w 22 is accellerated scrolling can anyone tell me how that works as I don’t notice a difference…

You don’t?  Mine seems a ton faster.  Also I noticed that on some menus and on say my list of videos, it loops all the way around.  No more going to the bottom of the list and then having to spin the wheel the other way to get back to the top of the list… it’s goes from say video 20 back to video 1.  FAST :slight_smile:

Accelerated scrolling works as follows:

If you turn the wheel slowly it will advance one list item per click,  

If you spin the wheel fast and keep spinning it fast the number of list items per click increases progressively over time.

If you stop spinning it resets back to one per click.

@sansafix wrote:

If you stop spinning it resets back to one per click.

But if I stop spinning I’m too dizzy to read the screen.

Uh-oh . . . I think I have to go throw-up now! Excuse me.

LOL

Oh ok - maybe I don’t have enough loaded on it to notice a difference -I usually browse by album or artist and only have about 200 songs… so maybe that is why I don’t see a difference - the looping from end to begining of list was an upgrade in 1.1.15 which btw I LOVE …

Thanks for the info and thanks to sandisk for a great prodcut.

@nech770 wrote:

Oh ok - maybe I don’t have enough loaded on it to notice a difference -I usually browse by album or artist and only have about 200 songs… so maybe that is why I don’t see a difference - the looping from end to begining of list was an upgrade in 1.1.15 which btw I LOVE …

Thanks for the info and thanks to sandisk for a great prodcut.

I’ve currently got around 1,200 songs on mine, and scrolling through the song list(which I never normally would do ) was starting to look really fast, then I looped around:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I’ve currently got around 1,200 songs on mine, and scrolling through the song list(which I never normally would do ) was starting to look really fast, then I looped around:smiley:

Yeah, the new acceleration is a huge improvement.  Still not sure it’s going to be enough to deal with 16GB+ MicroSDHC cards and an increased song limit, but I think it should be OK for the current song limit.

@skinjob wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Yeah, the new acceleration is a huge improvement.  Still not sure it’s going to be enough to deal with 16GB+ MicroSDHC cards and an increased song limit, but I think it should be OK for the current song limit.

It certainly works for me, as I’ve never broken the 2,400 song mark with my set-up. But the people with smaller files are the ones that really need this to be effective.