specifics of warrenty?

What are the specifics of the “limited” 1 year warrenty?

You can read it for yourself in the User’s Manual (p. 55-56).

ok. Was hoping for a plain English explaination but will read it. (could never find the manual)

EDIT:

read it and to be it says “if it breaks too bad. Unless the software is at fault” Which thye probably will STILL try to blame me for.

What exactly is damaged?  If it’s something like a crack in the screen or the casing, then most likely, Sandisk will say that it’s not covered under it’s warranty.  But if a button doesn’t work or a port, then it should be covered.  Only by contacting Tech Support will you know for sure.

nothing is. I was just wondering what the Warrenty was since I couldn’t find the specifcs anywhere.

Yeah, it was the same way with the clip+ when I read the warranty to see if the clip on the back was covered or not.  No specifics.

yep. My main problem right now is a tiny scratch smack dab in the middle of the screen which I know isn’t covered. But basically anything that could be covered could also be covered under the accidental dmg exception so in effect there is no warrenty the second it’s unboxed…

@alienkid10 wrote:

ok. Was hoping for a plain English explaination but will read it. (could never find the manual)

EDIT:

read it and to be it says “if it breaks too bad. Unless the software is at fault” Which thye probably will STILL try to blame me for.

Funny, I don’t interpret anything like that from what’s written. Sounds like pretty standard ‘warranty-speak’ to me; “free from material defects in manufacture, will conform to SanDisk’s published product specifications and be fit for normal use”.

Bottom line? If you encounter an issue you think should be covered, call SanDisk Tech Support and tell them the specific problem. They can then best advise you on it. From what I’ve seen here over the years, SanDisk is not in the habit of ‘screwing’ people over warranty issues. Quite the contrary, I’ve seen them take back and replace units that were blatantly obvious mis-use by the user.

Note though that getting a new replacement unit does not start your warranty ‘stop-watch’ over again. The replacement’s warranty only extends to the end of the original warranty period. In other words, if you get a new one after 11 months, you don’t get another year’s warranty on the replacement; you only get 1 more month.

@alienkid10 wrote:

EDIT:

Funny, I don’t interpret anything like that from what’s written. Sounds like pretty standard ‘warranty-speak’ to me; “free from material defects in manufacture, will conform to SanDisk’s published product specifications and be fit for normal use”.

Bottom line? If you encounter an issue you think should be covered, call SanDisk Tech Support and tell them the specific problem. They can then best advise you on it. From what I’ve seen here over the years, SanDisk is not in the habit of ‘screwing’ people over warranty issues. Quite the contrary, I’ve seen them take back and replace units that were blatantly obvious mis-use by the user.

Note though that getting a new replacement unit does not start your warranty ‘stop-watch’ over again. The replacement’s warranty only extends to the end of the original warranty period. In other words, if you get a new one after 11 months, you don’t get another year’s warranty on the replacement; you only get 1 more month.

the last bit I get. So they ignore thier own accidentally or misuse cluases? So the warrenty in the manual is meaningless then. It could be anything.

According to the Fuze+'s limited warranty in the manual…

"SanDisk will not be liable for indirect or consequential damage (including loss of data), or for damage caused by

improper use (including use in an incompatible device and use not in accordance with the

instructions), or by improper installation, unprofessional repair, modification or accident."

This is not ignoring their own warranty.   It just does not cover anything that may happen to the player by accident.

yes which going by tapeworm saying people who’s players broke becuase of misuse got replaced under warrenty seems to be them ignoreing thier own restrictions unless I’m missing something. I just hope I’ll never need to deal with them.

@alienkid10 wrote:

yes which going by tapeworm saying people who’s players broke becuase of misuse got replaced under warrenty seems to be them ignoreing thier own restrictions unless I’m missing something. I just hope I’ll never need to deal with them.

All I was trying to impy was that (from what I’ve seen) SanDisk has always been fair (or more so) in dealing with warranty claims. If they err or there’s a question on who or what is at fault, it’s ususally on the side (and to the benefit) of the consumer. The fact they they send you a pre-paid shipping label to return the defective unit definitely supports their dedication to customer service and fair business practices. Many (most) others do not do this; you have to pay to send the defective unit back.

And you think this is a bad thing? Seems as though you’re looking ahead for problems/issues that don’t exist. All companies should be so benevolent with their customers.

no I don’t thnk it’s a bad thing it’s just hard to find anything specific on the warrenty. From dealing with warrentys in the past I’ve been screwed over so much when I see the (mostly generic) warrenty I assume the worst. So far the only good company I’ve dealt with interms of warrentys is Logitech.