smc for window 7 anyone?

I have found that most of my applications function well on windows 7, but the Sansa Media Converter doesn’t seem to work quite right.  It will not allow you to convert to a file, and when I try to convert directly to my fuze, it just hangs… for hours unless I stop it, and it never processes the video file.  What to do?

See if Video4Fuze  works.

Sansa Media converter is also not working with my win 7 PC. what I did is looked for sansa media converter.exe file and set to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2.

Sansa Media Converter.exe application should be found under C: > Prog files > Sansa Media COnverter. Simply right click on the .exe file and select Compatibility Tab and put a check on compatiblity mode for XP SP2.

Also realize that most (if not all) people that use SMC have discovered that the video file must first be converted by another program before SMC will work successfully on it. There are a few files out there that SMC will convert & transfer start to finish, but for the most part it’s going to be a 2-step conversion process using 2 different converter programs.

Not having to do that is a big feather is video4fuze’s cap.

Also realize that most (if not all) people that use SMC have discovered that the video file must first be converted by another program before SMC will work successfully on it. There are a few files out there that SMC will convert & transfer start to finish, but for the most part it’s going to be a 2-step conversion process using 2 different converter programs.

Not having to do that is a big feather in video4fuze’s cap.

Yes, SMC versions 4.236 and 4.256 require XP compatibility mode to operate correctly.

Bob  :wink:

what version of video4fuze on the download list?

@kiniggetts wrote:

I’d be tempted to go with the latest one

@kiniggetts wrote:

I’d be tempted to go with the latest one

http://video4fuze.googlecode.com/files/video4fuze-0.6_installer.exe

Note it says that it works with Windows XP SP3 so you’ll still have to run it in compatibility mode on Win 7.

In fact, it should work without compatibility mode, It’s just I haven’t tested it, as I don’t have a W7 machine at hand.