Reply
Newbie
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎12-06-2008

Re: slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

Does anyone know if the new slotRadio+ cards ( http://slotradio.com/mobile ) work in the Sansa Fuze and/or Clip+?
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,242
Registered: ‎07-18-2007

Re: slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

yes, slotradio+ cards will work with all slotradio compatible sansa players. 
SanDisk User
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎10-07-2008

wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'

[ Edited ]

No one is really buying these slotRadio cards. And why would anyone in their right mind pay $40, $30 or even $20 for 1,000 low-quality MP3 songs curated by Billboard magazine execs, in a player that doesn't even have a back button? 

 

The fastest growing physical media format for music is vinyl. And this is not the crappy, mass-market vinyl that our parents bought, but high-quality audiophile vinyl.

 

The only problem is that you can't take your turntable to the gym. And while these high quality vinyls sound pretty good on the Sansa Fuze w/Rockbox when they're ripped to 24-bit, 

the 8GB internal memory will only hold a handful of albums, and even with a 16 gb card, will only play a few hours or HD-music.

 

So Sandisk should kill slotRadio and instead upgrade their Fuze to an 'HD' model that will have the following:

 

1. Ability to play 24-bit/96 KHZ Flac natively

1. 64 GB internal memory

2. Handle the new 64 GB cards.

 

While the audiophile market is somewhat limited, they are passionate about their music and will purchase lots of cards so they can take their vinyl collections on the go.

 

Think about the 70's and 80's and all of the Maxell/TDK tapes that were sold.

 

And while the Cloud is here to stay, it will be a while before the bandwidth can stream HD-quality music.

 

 

 

Message Edited by databass on 06-18-2010 07:51 PM
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'


databass wrote: No one is really buying these slotRadio cards. And why would anyone in their right mind pay $40, $30 or even $20 for 1,000 low-quality MP3 songs curated by Billboard magazine execs, in a player that doesn't even have a back button? The fastest growing physical media format for music is vinyl. And this is not the crappy, mass-market vinyl that our parents bought, but high-quality audiophile vinyl.The only problem is that you can't take your turntable to the gym. And while these high quality vinyls sound pretty good on the Sansa Fuze w/Rockbox when they're ripped to 24-bit, 

the 8GB internal memory will only hold a handful of albums, and even with a 16 gb card, will only play a few hours or HD-music.

 

So Sandisk should kill slotRadio and instead upgrade their Fuze to an 'HD' model that will have the following:

 

1. Ability to play 24-bit/96 KHZ Flac natively

1. 64 GB internal memory

2. Handle the new 64 GB cards.

 

While the audiophile market is somewhat limited, they are passionate about their music and will purchase lots of cards so they can take their vinyl collections on the go.

 

Think about the 70's and 80's and all of the Maxell/TDK tapes that were sold.

 

And while the Cloud is here to stay, it will be a while before the bandwidth can stream HD-quality music.

 

 



You're wasting your time. The "audiophile" crowd you speak of is a miniscule part of the market, and there's no way SanDisk is going to release a player that has 64GB internal memory and supports SDXC cards.....their focus is on budget-oriented players.....we're just fortunate that they sound great!

 

 

Face it, the vast majority of consumers are perfectly happy with 8-16GB players.....and they're buying iPods, which also don't play these ridiculous 24/96 files. I personally wouldn't buy a SlotRadio card, but from what I understand, they are well-encoded MP3 files at a high bitrate....so by your standards they may be "low-quality", but to most Sansa owners they would sound just fine.

 

Even when a Rockbox developer here and at ABI  explained to you how silly the 24/96 files are, you still don't seem to believe.....and that's OK. But we get the point about you wanting support for 24/96.....you don't need to post it in every single thread!

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Newbie
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-06-2009

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'

@databass; For an audiophile you have fingers in your ears. You say "no one is really buying" but
plenty of testimony here contradicts that; I own two. "Why would anyone buy" has already
been explained, and you're not listening. You don't have to agree with it or buy one but

a series of reasonable rebuttals to your objections has already been given.

 

I was a TDK user in the 70's/80's, tweaked my bias & EQ on my three-head cassette decks.
I can hear the poorer quality of the 128kb SR cards, but I have my FLAC files on my other
cards and don't require everything playing all the time. Sorry, no support on this point
here from me.

 

OK, support for larger cards is a welcome feature but I bet they thunk that already.

 

I really wonder, if you could take your vinyl-quality sound to the gym, would your S/N
be able to get over the sound of your heavy breathing and body movements?

Are you concentrating on your workout at all? That usage sounds unrealistic even

if it were possible.

 

-----

I am even finding a use for the Chillout track; it puts me to sleep.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'

[ Edited ]

Imo Slotradio would be much more popular if the players allowed the user to mark disliked songs so they won't play. The Slotradio To Go player using a AAA battery would be a good idea if it had a display, much better navigation, and sound quality equal to the Clip+, while still keeping the price with a card under $50.

Message Edited by JK98 on 06-20-2010 01:39 AM
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,460
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'

[ Edited ]

JK, please find another dead horse to beat. You've made it ABUNDANTLY clear you want Sandisk to return to using user-replaceable batteries. Move on.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 06-20-2010 01:21 AM
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'


gwk1967 wrote:

JK, please find another dead horse to beat. You've made it ABUNDANTLY clear you want Sandisk to return to using user-replaceable batteries. Move on.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 06-20-2010 01:21 AM

Did someone mention beating a dead horse? Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: wake up Sandisk management: kill slotRadio, upgrade the Fuze to 'HD'

"JK, please find another dead horse to beat. You've made it ABUNDANTLY clear you want Sandisk to return to using user-replaceable batteries. Move on."

 

It almost seems like Sandisk released the Slotmusic player and Slotradio To Go player to taunt those of use who want a AA or AAA battery based player, knowing that we won't be satisfied with the lack of a display and much lower sound quality than the Clip+ or Fuze.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,081
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: slot radio on Fuze


JK98 wrote:

It almost seems like Sandisk released the Slotmusic player and Slotradio To Go player to taunt those of use who want a AA or AAA battery based player, knowing that we won't be satisfied with the lack of a display and much lower sound quality than the Clip+ or Fuze.


That's right, SanDisk introduced these 2 players specifically so you'd have something to bitch about on the forums.