SanzaFuze8GB

Re: slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

Just to let y'all know, my Sansa Fuze 8GB didn't come with a "slotRadio" thing at all! Do any of you know why?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

SanzaFuze8GB wrote:

Just to let y'all know, my Sansa Fuze 8GB didn't come with a "slotRadio" thing at all! Do any of you know why?

2 possible reasons:

1. You live in Europe. SlotRadio is only available on models set to US as the 'region', or
  2. The original Fuze preceded the SlotRadio player and cards. Support for it was added via a firmware update. You may need to update to a newer firmware. You can get the latest version here.
SanzaFuze8GB

I'm from from the U.S. and when I bought the MP3 player it didn't come with the slotRadio thing.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Then as I said, you need to update the firmware in order to use SlotRadio cards in it.

BobbyDee

Reading this old threads,I was interested with the topic.Me to I'll compile it myself. 

Alaskan

[ Edited ]

geez.... reading over the last few pages it looks kinda like the firmware updates create more problems than the fix... ?

I'm needing SlotRadio to appear in the options on a new Fuze #2.....

Is it worth taking the risk..... ?

This new Fuze #2 is:  V02.02.26A...

Maybe there is a particular version that will get me the SlotRadio option to appear in the menu and not bring on all the bad stuff mentioned in the previous pages...?

SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

[ Edited ]

Alaskan wrote:

geez.... reading over the last few pages it looks kinda like the firmware updates create more problems than the fix... ?

I'm needing SlotRadio to appear in the options on a new Fuze #2.....

Is it worth taking the risk..... ?

This new Fuze #2 is:  V02.02.26A...

Maybe there is a particular version that will get me the SlotRadio option to appear in the menu and not bring on all the bad stuff mentioned in the previous pages...?

slotRadio is supported in your firmware version. Have you inserted a slotRadio card? I've never used the function, but perhaps the slotRadio option only appears when a suitable card is detected in the player.

One other thing to try: if you have the region set to Europe, change it to Nortth America. slotRadio is not implemented if the player is set to Europe, I believe