Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
slotmonsta

slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

[ Edited ]

slotRadio™ is an easy, PC-free experience for digital music. 1,000 songs featuring artists from Billboard®'s charts preloaded onto a tiny microSD card with handcrafted playlists that include hundreds of handpicked artists. Like FM radio, songs are played in sequence and cannot be rewound or rearranged. However, you can skip individual songs as many times as you like, or switch between playlists with a touch of a button. From Country to Modern Rock and everything in between, there's a slotRadio™ card to match your mood or activity. Simply insert a slotRadio™ card into the slotRadio player and feast your ears. Digital music has never been easier.

What slotRadio cards are available?

slotRadio Players are bundled with the slotRadio Mix card. This is a card with a mix of several different genres including Alternative, Rock, Country, Urban, and Contemporary to get you started.

More slotRadio cards coming soon!

ROCK
80s Rock
90s Rock
Chillout
Classic Rock
Hard Rock

Workout

Alternative  

OLDIES
Classic Love Songs
Country Oldies
Jukebox
Motor City
Pop Oldies
R&B Oldies
Rock Oldies

COUNTRY
Belles
Classic Country
Country Love Songs
Progressive Country
Road Trip
Today’s Country
Troubadour

Hip Hop/R

Adult R&B

Classic R&B

Dance R&B

Love Jams

Old School

Rap/Hip Hop

Workout

80's and 90's

80's Pop

90's Pop

80's and 90's Rock

80's and 90's Alternative

80's and 90's R&B HipHop 

Euro 

Workout

Chillout  

Daily Mix

BBQ

House Party

Lazy Sunday

Lounge

Quiet Storm 

Road Trip

Workout

Health & Fitness 

Cardio

Cooldown

Power

Road Work

Spa

Warmup

Yoga

Classical 

Baroque

Symphonic

Chamber

Virtuosos

Chamber Music

Chillout

Boost

Bach

Beethoven

Mozart 

slotRadio Mix 

Alternative

Chillout

Contemporary

Country

R&B HipHop 

Rock

Workout

Christmas

Classic 

Country

Contemporary  

Santa's Mix

Fireside

Latin 

Mix De Fiesta 

Regional

Urbana

Pop Latino

Tropical

Motown

Classics 

Love Songs

Gems

Jukebox

Club Motown 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 05-18-2010 03:36 PM
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

Couldn't this be interpreted as SPAM? :smileytongue:

Or, is it OK since it's from SanDisk?

SanDisk Fanatic
Peregrine

Is it just me? There's no way I'd pay $40 for.... well... not sure exactly because this is all it says

"1,000 Rock songs featuring artists from the Billboard® charts including artists such as Anthrax, Beck, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, Corrosion of Conformity, Counting Crows, Duran Duran, Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton, Fall Out Boy, Heart, Korn, Live, Living Colour, Megadeth, No Doubt, Santana, Soundgarden, Squeeze, Steely Dan, System of a Down, Tears for Fears, The Killers, The Who and many more. It's great Rock music, made effortless."

"and many more...."????

$40 for random music? No track list, no complete artist list??

*Tip* to whoever markets these cards: Provide at the very least a COMPLETE artist list for each slotradio card.

Just trying to help. :smileywink:

Hey, I wouldn't knock it 'til you try it for yourself!  The SlotRadio is like radio, except you don't have to wade through mindless announcements, irritating advertisements, and such...and you can pause the current song to enjoy later when interrupted.

If you've used the FM radio function, you don't have to worry about reorienting your noggin or the headphone cable to get a better signal either.  There are plenty of genres on the card to suit your current mood.

For direct access of specific tracks, that's what the other functions of the Sansa are for: your favorites, available directly.

And at pennies a song, it's a very good deal.  The tradeoff in accessibility is a simple one.  Just think of radio, as the experience is different.

Oh, and the new logo looks cool.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

SanDisk Professor
bdb

[ Edited ]
I think the part that makes it difficult to accept is that we're used to the music really being ours when its on our player - OK, its not really ours but we at least can decide what we want to listen to, and how and when. This is more like a radio, where you have no control over the music. That's understandable when its over the air, but very odd when the music is on your device but you have no say over song selection, play order, or anything other than genre.
Message Edited by bdb on 05-27-2009 09:24 PM
SanDisk Guru
Black-Rectangle

There should be a complete song list.

I don't like "country": I like George Strait, Dixie Chicks, Ryan Adams, Alison Krauss, Alan Jackson, Wynonna.....and only certain songs by them.

I don't like "rock": I like Nirvana, Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Def Leppard...and only certain songs by them.

I don't like "Hip-hop/R&B": I like Rihanna, Public Enemy, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, Kanye West, Juelz Santana, etc....

"Pennies per song" is great. Pennies per bad song isn't worth it. 

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

That's exactly my point.  For the individual favorites, as in a few tracks per album, it's often better to purchase just those favorites, rather than an album that is full of fluff that isn't up to the same par as your favorite.

The SlotRadio card is surprising, I haven't been disappointed with "turkeys" in the mix.  It's very similar to the Rhapsody Channels feature, if you stream a channel on the computer.  Not that you have to use Rhapsody, Yahoo music had a similar venue too.  The SR card was a real surprise the first time I scrolled through the menu.

I'm looking forward to future programming with classic jazz, for example.  It's a great way to remember pieces I haven't heard in some time. 

There's a virtual player here at SlotRadio.  Try scrolling through some samples.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

SanDisk Professor
blackdog-sansa

I could see the appeal to certain user groups...mainly people who do not understand or carte to spend time with file downloading, tagging and so forth.  (insert your stereotype here) Believe it or not there are people out there who really like, or only might pay special attention to, several artists...they just don't care about specifics and just want "music to be on".  It's a good solution.  Some people may not even have a computer available for downloading or file storage and manipulation in conjunction with a standard mp3 player.

If you have technical know-how and interest, and care about specifics of music genres or artists, this is probably not a good fit for you.

I do question how much market there actually is out there though, especially with portable Slacker and Pandora devices.

zouhair

I would like to compile it myself.
8GB Grey Fuze.
VIP
Sansational

Read these. Think of your mom. Think of your dad. Now, think of yourself loading music for them... It is precisely like radio, only without the chatter and the commercials. Effortless, with good curation.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-testing/from-the-lab-blog/the-no-fuss-music-player

http://www.momfuse.com/2009/05/sandisk-slotradio-fall-in-love-with-music-again-sop-bonus-entry-12/

http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com/2009/04/sansa-slotradio-player-from-sandisk.html

And - even geek.com - http://www.geek.com/articles/gadgets/review-sandisk-slotradio-player-bundle-20090513/