slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

gwk1967 wrote:

JK, please find another dead horse to beat. You’ve made it ABUNDANTLY clear you want Sandisk to return to using user-replaceable batteries. Move on.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 06-20-2010 01:21 AM

Did someone mention beating a dead horse? :wink:

“JK, please find another dead horse to beat. You’ve made it ABUNDANTLY clear you want Sandisk to return to using user-replaceable batteries. Move on.”

It almost seems like Sandisk released the Slotmusic player and Slotradio To Go player to taunt those of use who want a AA or AAA battery based player, knowing that we won’t be satisfied with the lack of a display and much lower sound quality than the Clip+ or Fuze.

JK98 wrote:

It almost seems like Sandisk released the Slotmusic player and Slotradio To Go player to taunt those of use who want a AA or AAA battery based player, knowing that we won’t be satisfied with the lack of a display and much lower sound quality than the Clip+ or Fuze.

That’s right, SanDisk introduced these 2 players specifically so you’d have something to ■■■■■ about on the forums.

JK98 wrote:

That’s right, SanDisk introduced these 2 players specifically so you’d have something to ■■■■■ about on the forums.

I think you’re missing the point.  SlotRadio was designed as a handy way to get 1000 songs at a great price, with the concept of being like a radio experience, without the need to download, and the requisite price-per-song.

As a compromise, you get the music in a rotating playlist of various genres.  It’s very much like Rhapsody’s Channels feature.  I like the Channels functionality in comparison: as a subscriber, as I can pick tracks from the channels to add to the Sansa’s library.  It’s different with slotRadio.  The tracks cannot be manually accessed, they run in sequence, like listening to radio.  No DJs, no ads, and no reception problems either!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yep, just as it says: “A thousand songs on a tiny card. That’s Slot Radio.”

(that’s my attempt to duplicate what the 5-second ad says every few weeks on my card)

my fuze doesn’t have that catagory on the menu but my cousin’s fuze does.

“my fuze doesn’t have that catagory on the menu but my cousin’s fuze does.”

If you update the firmware on your player, it will have it as well. The earlier Fuze firmware doesn’t support Slotradio, while one firmware version only shows the Slotradio menu choice when a Slotradio card is installed. The newest firmware version has Slotradio in the menu all the time.

You might want to check the region as well if it is set to Europe or Rest of the World. SlotRadio Menu will only show up when USA is selected as region.

thanks i’ll update it as soon as i can.:smileyvery-happy: 

Jamieson wrote:

You might want to check the region as well if it is set to Europe or Rest of the World. SlotRadio Menu will only show up when USA is selected as region.

i live in USA so i think it should be that i need to update.:smileyvery-happy:

If you’re thinking of getting a slotradio card, there are two types of slot radio cards – slotradio and slotradio+.  Slotradio+ has 4gb of memory for your own use while slotradio cards only have 64mb of extra memory.  I recommend the slotradio+ card because of the extra 4gb.   I have the slotradio card  and a card with my own music on it and have to keep changing cards depending on what I want to listen to. 

neutron bob is right you all are not getting it. i don’t pay since i get all my music free from limewire but my friends do and they get a lot of  songs but it is expensive .1000 songs is alot more than what i have(234) but for 20,30,40 $ 20 is allright but 40$:neutral_face: is rediculos. but maybe it is worth it.don’t know til you try it:smileyvery-happy:

Imo under $20 is the right price point for Slotradio cards. These cards seem to be an impulse item, and many consumers will not pay over $20 for an impulse item. If Sandisk can’t make 1,000 song Slotradio cards that retail for under $20, then perhaps they can make 500 song cards that retail in that price range.

Just to let y’all know, my Sansa Fuze 8GB didn’t come with a “slotRadio” thing at all! Do any of you know why?

@sanzafuze8gb wrote:

Just to let y’all know, my Sansa Fuze 8GB didn’t come with a “slotRadio” thing at all! Do any of you know why?

2 possible reasons:

1. You live in Europe. SlotRadio is only available on models set to US as the ‘region’, or
  2. The original Fuze preceded the SlotRadio player and cards. Support for it was added via a firmware update. Youy may need to update to a newer firmware. You can get the latest version here.

@sanzafuze8gb wrote:

2 possible reasons:

1. You live in Europe. SlotRadio is only available on models set to US as the ‘region’, or
  2. The original Fuze preceded the SlotRadio player and cards. Support for it was added via a firmware update. You may need to update to a newer firmware. You can get the latest version here.

did you figure out how to do that? 'cause i feel like my brains gonna explode 'cause i’m **bleep** pissed that its not an sd card slot -.-

I’m from from the U.S. and when I bought the MP3 player it didn’t come with the slotRadio thing.

Then as I said, you need to update the firmware in order to use SlotRadio cards in it.