slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

@shelded wrote:

@tapeworm:

I don’t see much need for cynicism here. I don’t care that Tapeworm thinks it unworthy, nor should anyone care if I like it.

If you like it for what it is, I’m thrilled to death. I’m merely saying I wouldn’t buy it. Nor would several others who have posted here. But by your own admission:

@shelded wrote:

I’m finding the Chillout playlist to be a total waste on me :confused: and the Classic playlist is sometimes quite classic (old). I think anyone buying these cards should expect a high rejection rate just to make sure they’re not disappointed. I’m fine with 20-40% good stuff.

If 20-40% of the total 1000 songs are all that qualify as ‘good stuff’, then that $40 price tag is even more of a ‘non-value’ than I previously thought. That raises the price per ‘quality’ song up to $1 - $2 each, $ .10 - $ .20 rather than the 4 cents per song as advertised. Even I-tunes sells them cheaper than that, and you only have to buy the ones you want!   

Edit: math correction.

Admittedly, not a huge price difference but I’d still prefer not to pay for music I have no interest in, nor have no way of knowing what’s on the card until after I’ve bought it.

@shelded wrote:

Office Depot sells Sansa players, they’re brick and mortar and you left them out.

Thanks for reminding me . . . Office Depot (Correction: OfficeMax) used to sell Sansa players too. At least in the ones around me (and there are several) I used to see Fuzes & Clips. Recently, they’ve been pulled and the only mp3 players they now sell are Crowns, Memorex, Phillips, & Creative Zens. Plus a couple more off-brands I can’t remember.

Edit: Sorry, I always get these two (Depot & Max) mixed up. The point is many retailer’s used to carry Sansa products, but now don’t.

@shelded wrote:

The Radio Shack people were absolutely on the ball. I asked for a CR2032 and the clerk didn’t ask me what it was.

I would hope not. It’s only the most widely used & most popular size digital watch battery on the planet.

Cynical? Maybe. Sometimes the facts are. I’m just calling 'em as I sees ‘em. But I’m being totally honest & sincere in this: Thank you for your posts regarding your impressions and experiences with the SlotRadio cards. You have given a lot of useful information that people want & need to know about these products. And so far, SanDisk ain’t lettin’ go with much about them. Their only comments have been, “Try it, you’ll like it.”

A couple decades ago, that catch-phrase and attitude was enough for people to do just that. Consumers have gotten quite a bit more savvy since and especially with the economy in the shape it’s in, are scrutinizing their shopping choices much more carefully, so the information you’ve provided will help a great many people who are considering purchasing one of these cards. Some will determine that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and others will conclude that the SlotRadio cards are not for them; but either way your contributions will have helped those who have read them to make a more informed decision. :smiley:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 06-12-2009 04:48 PM