slotRadio on Sansa Fuze!

shelded wrote:

More slotradio information: I got to what I think was the end of the first playlist and a voice announced something like “Slotradio, 1000 songs on a tiny card.”

Great . . . are you telling us there is SPAM pre-loaded on these cards too? :angry:

shelded wrote: 

For completing a survey about my shopping experience, Radio Shack gave me a coupon worth $10 off on $40 purchase so I suppose my next slotradio card will be quite cheap.

Even if it were the other way around; RS gave me $30 meaning I could buy another card for only $10, I’m still not sure that’s what I would spend it on. But that’s me. :stuck_out_tongue:

shelded wrote:

I think someone would be much wiser to buy a Fuze than the $99 slotradio itself and I wish Radio Shack stocked those.

They used to . . . so did Best Buy . . . so did Walmart . . . so did Circuit City. That’s 4 major retailers (all with brick/mortar stores and on-lines sales abilities) that used to distribute Sansa products. I’m having a hard time figuring out how SanDisk expects to increase their sales and comparable product market-share percentage when no one is selling them anymore. Or is this ‘the writing on the wall’ that the Sansa audio product line will soon be extinct? :neutral_face:

shelded wrote:

I had to tell the clerk that the updated Fuze could play what I was buying.

That’s not surprising. The caliber & knowledge of salespeople at RS used to be quite good, but unfortunately has been on a steady decline for the past several years. You’re lucky if you can find one now that knows the difference between a AA and a AAA battery anymore. :cry: